Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI sync drift on chord changes
Hello,

I've had the NDLR for around a year, and there's a weird behaviour that I noted basically since the beginning, but never got to post about it, however it concerns a feature that i progressively miss more and more, and I would love to see it addressed in a firmware update.

My issue is that if the drone rhythm is set to anything else than "no cadence" and the chord changes are sequenced, sometimes (actually quite often, i'd say 2 times out of 3) one extra note from the "previous" chord is played before switching to a new one.

In my setup the main clock comes from a Boss RC-500 looper, and for a while I thought the issue was that it might not be very accurate (e.g when I set the bpm to 100, on the NDLR it oscillates between around 99.7 and 101.2), but I just tried using an Elektron Syntakt as the main clock, and the issue stays exactly the same. I'm using Midi in B in both cases btw.

In both cases a workaround I found is to offset the chord changes back in time (basically sending the chord change CC a liiiiitle bit earlier, like -3ms on the Oxi One or 1/384 on the Syntakt), then everything immediately works fine, however that's not always the most convenient when playing live, and it feels a tad bit hacky; besides I feel like there's a higher chance of the issue being on the NDLR side rather than it coming from two different devices at the same time.

Here's a link to a video I took to demonstrate the issue https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dcFeygQ...NZOWV/view

In the beginning i'm using "no cadence" and then switch to all quarter notes, and as you can see the switch seems to happen fine enough on the third note, but almost never on the first and the second one.

Thanks in advance for your time and potential advice Smile