Conductive Labs Support Forum
Saving doesn't work? (Solved. I'm a dummy and can't read good) - Printable Version

+- Conductive Labs Support Forum (https://conductivelabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: MRCC - MIDI Router Control Center (https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://conductivelabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Saving doesn't work? (Solved. I'm a dummy and can't read good) (/showthread.php?tid=2056)

Saving doesn't work? (Solved. I'm a dummy and can't read good) - jefarr - 11-16-2022

I've got a pair of these which I bought to improve my routing setup, love the feature set..  but oh boy I think I've run into a big problem.  I've opened the side panel to confirm that the SD card is installed, but saving just doesn't work.

To save, this is what I do:
- Make some changes
- Navigate to tools -> load/save
-> tab stop down to the preset selection, choose User 1 (or A1, tried a few)
-> tab stop to the Save button
-> press Shift+click the encoder

A number of the out port lights will light red, but there is no indicator on the OLED, and the preset name remains red.

.. obviously this is a huge bummer, hoping there is some simple or obvious step I've missed??

RE: Saving doesn't work? - Dark Waves - 11-16-2022

Unless the procedure changed (I'm not in front of my MRCC right now) it's the enter button - the small black one - you click, not the encoder.

RE: Saving doesn't work? - jefarr - 11-17-2022

Oh jesus... that's an embarassing failure of reading comprehension.  Thanks for taking the time to correct me.

RE: Saving doesn't work? (Solved. I'm a dummy and can't read good) - Dark Waves - 11-17-2022

No problem!

RE: Saving doesn't work? (Solved. I'm a dummy and can't read good) - Jesse Johannesen - 12-03-2022

I asked Steve if we could make an exception on the save page button logic to include the encoder, since this seems to be so tightly ingrained into UI expectations, and after some discussion it was agreed that we don't want to change button behavior on a single page when it's already doing something (jumps between current page, routing, and main overview pages). We did simplify things by removing the Shift + button combo, as it already requires a deliberate menu navigation to get to the save and load buttons in the first place. Hopefully that will make it more intuitive.

We'll get this update posted in the next week or so.

RE: Saving doesn't work? (Solved. I'm a dummy and can't read good) - Dark Waves - 12-03-2022

(12-03-2022, 08:10 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: I asked Steve if we could make an exception on the save page button logic to include the encoder, since this seems to be so tightly ingrained into UI expectations, and after some discussion it was agreed that we don't want to change button behavior on a single page when it's already doing something (jumps between current page, routing, and main overview pages). We did simplify things by removing the Shift + button combo, as it already requires a deliberate menu navigation to get to the save and load buttons in the first place. Hopefully that will make it more intuitive.

We'll get this update posted in the next week or so.

That sounds good.  Could I recommend a special note in the user guide highlighting the change, so folks will notice to now NOT use the shift button combo (unless, of course, it would optionally still work in addition to the new, simpler method)?

RE: Saving doesn't work? (Solved. I'm a dummy and can't read good) - Jesse Johannesen - 12-04-2022

It still works if you use the combo, but that's on my list of things to do.