Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: Remote port labels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do I assign a label to a remote port? I have the remote 7 box and I can setup routings. Each routing has a port name like r2 but the label is none. I can’t figure out how to set this label.
I'll take a look and see if I can figure that out. Hold tight!
Jesse

I'm looking at this and I'm not 100% sure that there is a way to do this implemented at this point. If I try to scroll to a destination past the last PC port it just loops back to the beginning. When Steve's back I can ask him, but it may be that he just chose to not have that option because the label data isn't passed via the connection and labeling it could create a situation where the label data is inaccurate between setups. I'll report back if I get anything useful.
Jesse
The mrcc never leaves my studio and the cabling doesn’t change much. Almost 1/3 of my synths are connected to the remote box and these cannot be labeled. This seems like an unexpected user experience.
FWIW, this is important to me too. I also very rarely change cabling so would be very nice to label remote ports.
Yes, this is quite a frustrating limitation. Are there plans to fix?
I would also love to see labeling for devices connected via the Remote7.
+1 for me too
Our team is taking a look to see how difficult this would be to implement, we appreciate the feedback and will let you know if we make any progress in this direction.
any news about this? my remote is hidden behind a desk, so its always a bit awkward to have to look which cable goes where. now i put a sticky note next to the mrcc, but it would be great to have this inside the box.
No, I haven't seen anything from Steve on this yet. I will post here if he makes any progress.
Pages: 1 2