Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manual Control of Chords when synced by external device
I know I should upgrade, but have a project I'd like to complete so am currently using version 1.054. The Ndlr is synced via Midi Port B to the Digitakt drum machine. When I arm the Ndlr and start the Digitakt, they sync together, but I can't manually change the chord degree. If I leave the Digitakt running, stop the Ndlr and then restart it I can then manually select the chord degree on the Ndlr. I'd expect to be able to change the chord type from the Ndlr when it is started from the armed state. 

Any ideas please?

Best regards

Tim
(06-02-2020, 03:37 PM)Tim Wilson Wrote: I know I should upgrade, but have a project I'd like to complete so am currently using version 1.054. The Ndlr is synced via Midi Port B to the Digitakt drum machine. When I arm the Ndlr and start the Digitakt, they sync together, but I can't manually change the chord degree. If I leave the Digitakt running, stop the Ndlr and then restart it I can then manually select the chord degree on the Ndlr. I'd expect to be able to change the chord type from the Ndlr when it is started from the armed state. 

Any ideas please?

Best regards

Tim
Hey Tim, I checked with Darryl and he thinks the issue could be cleared up with an update to V 1.1.063, which is the last version posted on the Conductive Labs website, and he thinks it should be safe to update. The version after that one requires a factory reset due to changes in the way motifs are saved in the device, but 1.1.063 shouldn't cause any problems to upgrade. 
Once you do that, get back to me know if that  straightens out the issue.
Jesse Johannesen
Thanks Jesse, I'll give it a try. By the way, did you used to be an Alesis Fusion user?

Best regards

Tim
(06-03-2020, 05:44 AM)Tim Wilson Wrote: Thanks Jesse, I'll give it a try. By the way, did you used to be an Alesis Fusion user?

Best regards

Tim
No, I've never used an Alesis Fusion, but I brought an Alesis Micron back from the dead once, and also had an Ion for a while. Loved those synths.
Jesse
Thumbs Up 
Just wanted to say thanks for the advice - it works. I seem to remember there was a Jesse pretty active on an Alesis Fusion group - clearly not you! The Fusion is an odd synth, it almost manages to be less than the sum of its parts.