Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting NDLR to 4 hardware synths
Hi all,

Sorry for a noob question, but i've been using my NDLR for a few months now and i love it. I have MIDI OUT A going to a Hardware Synth, MIDI OUT B going to another hardware synth and then the remaining 2 sections going over USB MIDI to soft synths. How would I connect NDLR to 4 hardware synths at the same time so i can have a different hardware synth playing Drone, Pad, Motif1 & Motif2 at the same time?!

Thanks!
You need a simple MIDI Thru device. There are several 1 in, 4 or 5 out devices out there. I prefer the powered (active) splitters to avoid compatibility problems that some synths have with spllitters powered over the MIDI connection. However, NDLR has a robust MIDI interface and will work with unpowered splitters.

Kenton Thru-5
Amptone Lab MIDI Splitter
Sixty Four Pixels Banana Split

Don't forget to order some extra MIDI cables :-)
(03-07-2020, 12:38 AM)Darryl Wrote: You need a simple MIDI Thru device. There are several 1 in, 4 or 5 out devices out there. I prefer the powered (active) splitters to avoid compatibility problems that some synths have with spllitters powered over the MIDI connection. However, NDLR has a robust MIDI interface and will work with unpowered splitters.

Kenton Thru-5
Amptone Lab MIDI Splitter
Sixty Four Pixels Banana Split

Don't forget to order some extra MIDI cables :-)

Perfect, thanks Darryl, and thanks for such a fantastic product
or you use the MIDI Thru ports from the hardware synths you mentioned.
Some synths have got these ports or instead a switchable MIDI Out, some not.