Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change MOTIFs to PAD functions
Hello
I probably need to read the current version of the manual, but is there a way to use the MOTIFs like the regular PAD function?  There are days when I just want to run evolving pads over a drone. Smile
I have tried slowing down the Master Clock and have certainly had fun playing with the MOTIF controls but MOTIFs wanna keep MOTIFing with their variety of notes.
And of course, I have tried hooking up various modules and setting them to the same MIDI channel.  And that does work, but I guess I am trying to slow down the speed in which a MOTIF walks through the setting down to "Glacial".

Looking forward to everyone's response, the Forum has been a great learning tool!

Steve
Not really any way I can think of since the motif parts are monophonic, you could toy around with ties in the rhythm to get longer notes, but the motif is at it's heart a lone wolf. What about setting the notes in the pattern to repeat, like (1,1,1,1,3,3,3,3,4,4,4,4...) to slow down the changes further?
Jesse Johannesen
The pad is quite static and in order to create interest I make sure that whatever synth is designated as pad has a lot of motion built into the patch as ndlr can’t do it I'll use arppegiators, gators or lfos in the synth to keep the sound in motion. If ndlr could use the drone rhythmic patterns tha5 would be welcome, For now I have to create interest at the patch level.
With Static Guard, my PADs are never static. That's why my plaid polyester bell bottoms are still my favorite pants.  Cool

To get some motion in your NDLR PADs, try these tricks...
- Set the PAD Spread to setting 4 which is RAND. It essentially changes the chord voicing each time you press a chord button. So you can hit the same chord button and get some subtle change each time.
- Modulate the PAD position with the modulation matrix. Use a square wave to have the PAD switch between two positions, or a different waveform for continuously triggering and dropping notes on the leading edge of the position.
- Modulate the PAD Range. As the range changes, PAD notes will trigger at both ends of the position.
- Use The NDLRs interleaved poly chaining to trigger different timbers as the PAD position is modulated. Doing this with a multi-timber synth like a Blofeld, or a rompler like the e-Mu Orbit, etc can make some crazy cool sounds. Or you can have every other note trigger on different synths.
- Use the mod matrix CC output to modulate stuff on your synth.
- Use PAD strum