Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDLR Control setting
(03-20-2020, 11:20 PM)endreola Wrote: Hi Jesse,

Yes, It appears you captured it correctly.  The comment on the encoders and menu zones, etc., was merely my thought on how it could be implemented from a workflow perspective.  Sorry for throwing you that curve ball.

I appreciate your help!

Cheers
Great, one more thing: is there any benefit to having it be more than one octave (ie 2) or is it just as good with one? I can't think of a reason that 2 would be better. seems like having the option for all octaves or one octave would be optimal.

Jesse

I just thought of something and want to be sure it doesn't impact this: The midi control channel notes are not passed on via the NDLR, so if you have midi channel 15 for control, if you send midi on channel 15, no midi data sent into the NDLR on ch 15 comes out the other side. Does that still work with your idea?
HI Jesse,

Can't speak for others but for my particular use case ranges between c1-c3 would suffice. That will allow for stacking two notes together, 1 octave apart, to add a little more depth, and instruct The NDLR to change its Chord.

EDIT: Sorry just saw your other note, "if you have midi channel 15 for control, if you send midi on channel 15, no midi data sent into the NDLR on ch 15 comes out the other side." Yea, that makes sense and I won't be relying on The NDLR to pass notes thru like traditional MIDI thru/merge functionality. But would assume playing a note that falls in the defined range would change The NDLR's Chord across all 4 parts (Pad, Drone, & both Motifs) mimicking that of pressing the Chord button on its panel.

Cheers
(03-21-2020, 03:14 PM)endreola Wrote: HI Jesse,

Can't speak for others but for my particular use case ranges between c1-c3 would suffice.  That will allow for stacking two notes together, 1 octave apart, to add a little more depth, and instruct The NDLR to change its Chord.

EDIT:  Sorry just saw your other note, "if you have midi channel 15 for control, if you send midi on channel 15, no midi data sent into the NDLR on ch 15 comes out the other side."  Yea, that makes sense and I won't be relying on The NDLR to pass notes thru like traditional MIDI thru/merge functionality.  But would assume playing a note that falls in the defined range would change The NDLR's Chord across all 4 parts (Pad, Drone, & both Motifs) mimicking that of pressing the Chord button on its panel.

Cheers
OK so heres what I will put in the Feature Request log:

WHO: User endreola

What: NDLR Control Channel - Add a global variable to select between full keyboard range or C1- C3 for selecting chord
degree changes on NDLR. 

User wants to be able to play accompaniment to the NDLR without having to set up keyboard split on control device.

Does this look about right?
Jesse
(03-27-2020, 08:40 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 03:14 PM)endreola Wrote: HI Jesse,

Can't speak for others but for my particular use case ranges between c1-c3 would suffice.  That will allow for stacking two notes together, 1 octave apart, to add a little more depth, and instruct The NDLR to change its Chord.

EDIT:  Sorry just saw your other note, "if you have midi channel 15 for control, if you send midi on channel 15, no midi data sent into the NDLR on ch 15 comes out the other side."  Yea, that makes sense and I won't be relying on The NDLR to pass notes thru like traditional MIDI thru/merge functionality.  But would assume playing a note that falls in the defined range would change The NDLR's Chord across all 4 parts (Pad, Drone, & both Motifs) mimicking that of pressing the Chord button on its panel.

Cheers
OK so heres what I will put in the Feature Request log:

WHO: User endreola

What: NDLR Control Channel - Add a global variable to select between full keyboard range or C1- C3 for selecting chord
degree changes on NDLR. 

User wants to be able to play accompaniment to the NDLR without having to set up keyboard split on control device.

Does this look about right?
Jesse

Looks good Jesse.  Thank you.
OK, I added that to the request list.
Jesse
Am curious if this ever got approved?
(07-09-2020, 09:49 PM)endreola Wrote: Am curious if this ever got approved?
Not yet, at the moment most of the development steam is going towards finishing the MRCC code. If it does get into a future update I'll try and make sure you hear about it.

Jesse
Thanks Jesse