Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone find a good carrying case for the NDLR?
It is just a hair too big to fit in my snoopy lunchbox...
It may depend on just why you want to be carrying your NDLR around with you. The only reason I take my NDLR out of the studio is to jam with my friends. In which case, I need to carry more than just the NDLR with me. Thus, I use a large-ish padded equipment case. It's kinda like a very deep suitcade, with layers of open-cell foam that can have one inch squares easily removed to form cavities for the gear.

When I take the NDLR out, I also take an Arturia Keystep, an E-mu XL-1, MIDI cables, audio cables, and power supplies in addition to the NDLR. This all fits snuggly in this case with everything separated from everything else by layers of foam padding. This portable setup gives me everything I need to be a useful contributor in a jam.

Wish I could post photos in this forum, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do that without an off-site hosting service. I think pictures would certainly explain it better than typing a bunch of words.
I have a case that was given to me by a friend that I believe came with a quad copter RC control unit that does the job quite nicely, It is padded with a neoprene like foam covered with something like spandex, but the case is molded plastic. I'll see if I can find a brand name on it.
(02-19-2020, 05:30 AM)House de Kris Wrote: It may depend on just why you want to be carrying your NDLR around with you. The only reason I take my NDLR out of the studio is to jam with my friends. In which case, I need to carry more than just the NDLR with me. Thus, I use a large-ish padded equipment case. It's kinda like a very deep suitcade, with layers of open-cell foam that can have one inch squares easily removed to form cavities for the gear.

When I take the NDLR out, I also take an Arturia Keystep, an E-mu XL-1, MIDI cables, audio cables, and power supplies in addition to the NDLR. This all fits snuggly in this case with everything separated from everything else by layers of foam padding. This portable setup gives me everything I need to be a useful contributor in a jam.

Wish I could post photos in this forum, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do that without an off-site hosting service.  I think pictures would certainly explain it better than typing a bunch of words.
To post an image, use "Full Edit" rather than "Quick Edit".
Look for the Attachments section below the editor and click on the Choose Files button.
Once you've selected an image file, click on the Add Attachment button.
Then you will get some more buttons to choose from below Add Attachment.
Click on the Insert Into Post button.

Preview your post, you should see a thumbnail of the image you inserted. If its all to your liking, Post your Reply.
(02-19-2020, 10:25 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: I have a case that was given to me by a friend that I believe came with a quad copter RC control unit that does the job quite nicely, It is padded with a neoprene like foam covered with something like spandex, but the case is molded plastic. I'll see if I can find a brand name on it.
I'm pretty sure this is the one I've got: 
https://www.horusrc.com/en/frsky-taranis...-case.html
Thanks for the photo posting instructions. Here's a collage of the case I mentioned, in action. Left to right, top to bottom, we have:

1- the case size compared to just the NDLR
2- bottom row of case with NDLR, Keystep, and their power supplies
3- a layer of foam
4- XL-1 with power cord, MIDI and audio cables, as well as a power strip

This setup is enough for cool NDL'n on the go.