Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to play 9th chord with NDLR?
Dear Friends,

can you help me with 9th chord?
in early description i found that NDLR can play 9th chords too, but now i cant find this possibility (
is it still possible? 
or can i add/save user chords?

Thank you in advance.
Try to bump! Can anybody help me with advice?
(02-20-2020, 01:26 AM)Digilove Wrote: Try to bump! Can anybody help me with advice?
Hi, let me look into this today and I'll get back to you.
Cheers,
Jesse
(02-20-2020, 08:26 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 01:26 AM)Digilove Wrote: Try to bump! Can anybody help me with advice?
Hi, let me look into this today and I'll get back to you.
Cheers,
Jesse
Hey Digilove, unfortunately, as of now, 9th chords are not available as chord degree choices. You might be able to pull of some trick like playing the necessary additional note with the transpose input if the note is in the diatonic scale.
Jesse
NDLR is a wonderfuil tool, you can play without a big knowledge, but in the meanwhile, you leran and open your ears to modes.
But something is for me a really silly hole ! We can't play chords with 9th. Purhaps it could be a great implementation in a next firmware, for example in ALT1 or ALT2 button ?
Stephane
For me, ALT1 and ALT2 should be user-choosable chords, agree.
I have run this past Steve before and the issue is in that the NDLR selects notes from the pool in cascading series of logical choices rather than number of semitones, so it becomes extremely difficult to approach customizing chord selections for such a feature. It's been a while since I asked so it may be that I'm wrong about the specifics, but it is definitely on the list of requested features and I will ask him again next time we have a discussion on the subject, as it would be a really great feature to implement.
Jesse