Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead NDLR
Sad 
Yesterday evening my NDLR died. 

When I connect it to my MRCC, the little LED inside flashes once, and it shows  the loading screen with the serial and the firmware version, but then the LED flashes again and the screen goes black (the backlight is still on). 

I noticed a faint smell of burnt electronics, and when I opened it up I saw some residue between the screen and the VII button, so maybe one of the small components here is damaged?

I was able to enter the boot menu and select options there, and I was able to re-flash the firmware, so it appears it is not entirely dead. Any ideas what may be the cause, and is there anything that can be done?
Oh no! That's not a typical failure. Did you notice if the LED on the MRCC USB host port turn from green to an amber color when this happened? That would indicate an over-current condition on the host port, which could happen if there was a short circuit on the NDLR.

In that area you mentioned, there is R46, which is just a pullup resistor for the button, and C4, which is a capacitor on the 3.3V power supply for the LCD display. The LCD backlight LEDs have their own power source separate from the display electronics. Its hard to guess what has gone wrong though. Please send an email to support@conductivelabs.com, copy your description of the issue above along with the serial number of the NDLR and we can discuss next steps. We'll probably want someone to take a look at it to see if its repairable or if we need to replace the circuit board.
Smile 
Update: Support suggested I do a factory reset, and it looks like that resolved the problem, it's booting up completely again, and looks normal.
Good news!
(01-30-2023, 04:01 AM)Lizard of Oz Wrote: Update: Support suggested I do a factory reset, and it looks like that resolved the problem, it's booting up completely again, and looks normal.

how do you factory re set it
Owen, I know in your case this didn't help but in case someone else comes across this issue, the factory reset process is to press and hold [SHIFT+MENU] while powering up the device, which brings you to the boot menu. Pressing PAD PLAY/PAUSE will select the factory reset from the menu, then pressing PANIC will save and continue the boot process, hopefully without any further issue.