Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDLR MIDI routing in Logic Pro X?
Dear fellow NDLRers! Ive just received my NDLR and while Im temporary away from my hardware synths I decided to test it with software synths in Logic. Perhaps Im doing something wrong since Im not super familiar with this DAW, but I cant seem to make Logic play four different parts coming from NDLR (drone, pad, motif1, motif2) via 4 different software instruments using different sounds/synths for each instrument. 

Whenever I add 4 software instruments and start noodling - all NDLR parts (drone, pad, motif1, motif2) play with only 1 sound at a time, although Im allocating different sounds (synths) for each part in Logic. Yes, Im allocating each synth its own MIDI channel (I set up the same in NDLR setup), but this still doesnt help. Looks like I need to somehow allocate the corresponding virtual USB ports in Logic, but this doesnt seem to be a straightforward procedure.

Anyway, if anyone knows how to set up Logic to work with 4 virtual USB ports and to play 4 different synth parts for every part coming from NDLR - please share this knowledge. Perhaps there's a YouTube video or a web article somewhere for that, but I cant find it.

Thanks!
(01-14-2020, 02:23 PM)pizzihaga Wrote: Dear fellow NDLRers! Ive just received my NDLR and while Im temporary away from my hardware synths I decided to test it with software synths in Logic. Perhaps Im doing something wrong since Im not super familiar with this DAW, but I cant seem to make Logic play four different parts coming from NDLR (drone, pad, motif1, motif2) via 4 different software instruments using different sounds/synths for each instrument. 

Whenever I add 4 software instruments and start noodling - all NDLR parts (drone, pad, motif1, motif2) play with only 1 sound at a time, although Im allocating different sounds (synths) for each part in Logic. Yes, Im allocating each synth its own MIDI channel (I set up the same in NDLR setup), but this still doesnt help. Looks like I need to somehow allocate the corresponding virtual USB ports in Logic, but this doesnt seem to be a straightforward procedure.

Anyway, if anyone knows how to set up Logic to work with 4 virtual USB ports and to play 4 different synth parts for every part coming from NDLR - please share this knowledge. Perhaps there's a YouTube video or a web article somewhere for that, but I cant find it.

Thanks!

Hey,

I've had similar issues. Logic will only play the soft synth you're currently clicked on. To get all 4 to play you have to hit the 'R' button on all 4 of the logic channel strips. The sound will then play for all 4 synths at the same time. It can still be a bit buggy when you click between the different tracks though.

My current issue is being unable to record NDLR midi into Logic from a hardware synth. I can only record audio. I can record soft synth midi fine.

I have NDLR Pad going from 1MidiA to my Argon8, and then into an external instrument channel in Logic. When i hit record, Logic doesn't pick up the midi notes passing through NDLR and into the Argon8, but if i press any of the Argon8 keys whilst recording they get picked up fine. Weird. Also tried creating an external instrument track in logic and assigning NDLR Midi Port 1 to it but still no luck...

Very happy with the NDLR though! My issues are with Logic mostly.

My current work around is to record the midi i want using a soft synth and then switching it to a hardware synth once recorded. I'm sure the issue is actually me and not Logic.
sorted my issue after reading this: https://www.logicprohelp.com/instruments...-channels/
superisk, thanks for your reply. I havent yet tried recording NDLR midi in Logic, anyway happy that it started receiving 4 channels and playing different instrument parts.
Awesome! Thanks for this. I was only doing half of the process by clicking R and this has now fixed the bugs i was experiencing.
Thanks for this. Just been going round in circles with the damn Environment for an hour until I thought of searching this forum. Sanity restored!
Thank you for documenting this solution, I get a lot of questions about this and because I don’t use a Mac, it’s always frustrating that I don’t know if what I am suggesting is something that would work or not (often something found on a forum for an older version of some app or OS).