Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with Paint Coming off the ndlr
My Ndlr is a couple of weeks old... the label  at the bottom is flaking off just below the PAD, DONE 1 MOTIF 2 Buttons.    It has only been lightly used the rest of the paint is fine.  Can I do anything about this?
We think some of the faceplates did not get their silk screen ink cured properly. We've had a few reports about it now. Send us an email at support@conductivelabs.com and we'll figure out the best way to fix it.
(01-14-2020, 11:30 AM)Darryl Wrote: We think some of the faceplates did not get their silk screen ink cured properly. We've had a few reports about it now. Send us an email at support@conductivelabs.com and we'll figure out the best way to fix it.
Thanks.. sending an email ... appreciated.
(01-14-2020, 11:30 AM)Darryl Wrote: We think some of the faceplates did not get their silk screen ink cured properly. We've had a few reports about it now. Send us an email at support@conductivelabs.com and we'll figure out the best way to fix it.

Ah, good to know. I'd just sent you a direct email and some pictures then came here to see if it had happened to anyone else.
(01-23-2020, 11:47 AM)Sotoyoto Wrote:

Ah, good to know. I'd just sent you a direct email and some pictures then came here to see if it had happened to anyone else.
We've had a few of these now. We think the silk screener didn't properly cure the ink on some pieces. We had no reports of this problem until we shipped almost 600 units from this latest batch. So we believe its a small number that only happened on later faceplate deliveries. In any case, we are thinking we'll have our manufacturing rep make a faceplate kit to fix the units with bad ink. We meet with him Monday to discuss.

Apologies to those that received units with sticky ink, its very disappointing to see our work fail like this. Also, that ink is expensive, we exported it from the US and its a shame to not use it properly.

Hello Darryl

I recently sent an email to the above address as well only to get a reply sending me here. I am on my second faceplate with this issue. Please advise on when I can get this fixed. I am happy to send back the defective faceplates - please see attached photos from a few days ago.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Zoltan, I think Jesse has gotten back to you, we're sending another faceplate out. From the looks of the pictures this isn't the same issue as before. This is just the ink wearing or staining. That ink looks great, just isn't tough enough for constant rubbing. We've switched to a new ink on the last couple of thousand units. Hopefully it will wear better.
(02-11-2021, 12:55 PM)Darryl Wrote: Hi Zoltan, I think Jesse has gotten back to you, we're sending another faceplate out. From the looks of the pictures this isn't the same issue as before. This is just the ink wearing or staining. That ink looks great, just isn't tough enough for constant rubbing. We've switched to a new ink on the last couple of thousand units. Hopefully it will wear better.
I have the issue as well - tho not needing to replace.  If it would help to provide SN info and pics - happy to do so
Hello,

I was thinking about picking up a NDLR from a local shop that carries them (Patchwerks, Seattle) and was curious if the serial range for the affected batch is known. Hoping to avoid this issue.

Thanks!
Gear: NDLR, Korg Monologue, Korg Minilogue xd, Roland TR-8S, TE OP-1
There were maybe 10 to 15 units affected from a batch made more than a year ago. No shop will have units from that batch, we did not sell them in retail at the time.