Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minilogue XD as MIDI controller broke the NDLR?
This morning I setup controlling the NDLR with my Minilogue XD’s keyboard.  Changing chords appeared to be working fine but when I went to change the patch on ML the NDLR screen got all screwed up and now the drone and pad position indicators on the top of the screen are missing and none of the parts seem to play.  I tried to flash with the latest beta firmware but still the same issue as before the update.  Any ideas?

EDIT: read the manual and realized there was a boot menu with factory reset... this corrected my issue. would be interesting to know what exactly happened though.
That's pretty strange. Maybe the NDLR got a shock (ESD) from the XD when you connected the cables? A corrupted patch could cause that symptom.
(01-06-2020, 11:55 AM)Darryl Wrote: That's pretty strange. Maybe the NDLR got a shock (ESD) from the XD when you connected the cables? A corrupted patch could cause that symptom.

strange.  fwiw, i did have the cable connected already and was successfully changing chords and modes using they ML keyboard.  it was when i used the patch change encoder on the ML to change the synth sounds that the NDLR got all screwed up.
I wonder if that patch change knob sends MIDI Program Change? The NDLR uses Program Change to change patches.
Purely anecdotal, but so far I’ve had either the Minilogue XD or the Microfreak completely freak out the NDLR and produce a similar result. In this case, a reboot fixed it.