Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Bug? Transpose Wonkiness
Yesterday I tried out the Keyboard Transpose feature, something I've been looking forward to. Worked great! Alas, a bizarre bug showed up quickly. For whatever reason, I accidentally tapped Controller 2 after a Shift+Menu. This sent the NDLR into crazyville and it never came back to normal until after cycling power. Here's the setup:

1- I was in Eb Lydian (could be any key and mode), enjoying the transposition
2- NDLR output channels were 1MA, 2MA, 3MA, 4MA
3- KB Trans was 16all 
4- External keyboard attached to MIDI IN B
5- External synth on MIDI OUT B

As soon as I hit Shift+Menu 2:

1- single notes sent from external keyboard now become three note "chords"
2- these chords are not necessarily in the selected key and mode, and may be plain dissonant 
3- low velocity (like 0A) notes played on ext keyboard result in single notes, but repeated plays get different note values
4- slightly higher velocity numbers gets two notes played (typical playing, though, gets three notes to sound per note played)
5- in this wonky mode, stuck notes are common and plentiful - Shift + Panic does not clear them
6- the only way out of this mode is to pull the power connector and start over, doing a GLOB Load doesn't help

Requests and/or questions:

1- REQUEST: can you make it so the pressing Shift+Menu 2 doesn't make the NDLR go brain dead?
1- QUESTION: or is this one of those cases where the solution is, 'just don't do that!'?
2- REQUEST: can we get a RESET or REBOOT option in a menu to restart the NDLR with a clean slate?
2- QUESTION: or, is power cycling the best answer here?
3- REQUEST: can we get Shift+Panic to turn off all notes on all channels, as implied in the manual?
3- QUESTION: does Shift+Panic send 7B to all channels on all ports, or just the channels/ports associated with the four NDLR parts? Perhaps my ext synth can't decipher All Notes Off.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying NDLRing!
You have stumbled on an easter egg. Its an experimental chord rotation algorithm. Just press encoder 2 again to turn it off.
Thanks for letting me know about that. Of all the things I tried to undo this setup, I didn't merely re-press the button that got me into that mess. D'oh! It's also good to know that I wasn't just imagining all that.
This sounds awesome and I want to mess with it.
(01-13-2020, 11:35 AM)Bigsniff Wrote: This sounds awesome and I want to mess with it.
House de Kris left some good instructions  Big Grin