Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latency with drone
Hello,

I just received my unit the other day and I was curious if anyone is have issues with latency regarding a drone note when pads and motifs are playing.  When I press the circular black button to change notes the drone sometimes does not trigger with the pads and the motif at the same time and comes in late. When I record what I am doing within reaper I can see the drone note definitely comes in late from the other instruments.  Any help would be much appreciated.
(12-14-2019, 07:37 PM)Nick Wrote: Hello,

I just received my unit the other day and I was curious if anyone is have issues with latency regarding a drone note when pads and motifs are playing.  When I press the circular black button to change notes the drone sometimes does not trigger with the pads and the motif at the same time and comes in late. When I record what I am doing within reaper I can see the drone note definitely comes in late from the other instruments.  Any help would be much appreciated.

The Drone default is set to trigger on the downbeat of 1. The Pad is default quantized to 1/4 notes. The Motifs notes change immediately. This can easily create what your hearing.  Keep an eye on the beat “led” it blinks blue on 1.
hope this helps
Steve
(12-15-2019, 09:23 AM)Steve Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 07:37 PM)Nick Wrote: Hello,

The Drone default is set to trigger on the downbeat of 1. The Pad is default quantized to 1/4 notes. The Motifs notes change immediately. This can easily create what your hearing.  Keep an eye on the beat “led” it blinks blue on 1.
hope this helps
Steve

ok sounds good.  Is it possible set the drone to change immediately like the motif notes?
I too would like to know how we can set the Drone to trigger immediately. This would make a huge difference to me!
Sorry, there's no setting for drone quantize. We'll add it to the list of possible future enhancements.
(01-16-2020, 02:12 PM)Darryl Wrote: Sorry, there's no setting for drone quantize. We'll add it to the list of possible future enhancements.

Same issues here and it's getting quite frustrating. 

Is there a reason drone has to start on the downbeat? That's an odd one musically.  You can kind of trick it into starting on the 1 by triggering the pad slightly before it's due, but that's a bit hit and miss tbh. I'm a drummer by trade and this still isn't easy.  You can't do this at all in chord sequencing mode because drone is offset to the downbeat and it just sounds late and out of time. 

Great to know you're considering this for next update. Personally, moving drone startpoint to the 1 would bring a lot of joy!
(02-02-2020, 12:06 PM)Sotoyoto Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 02:12 PM)Darryl Wrote: Sorry, there's no setting for drone quantize. We'll add it to the list of possible future enhancements.

Same issues here and it's getting quite frustrating. 

Absolutely need the option for all parts to trigger instantly/ simultaneously....#1 priority for me...it's not noodling, when your chained to a downbeat. I think this is why a lot of Youtube performances sound samey when using the NDLR.
You can set the drone trigger to play on chord trigger (5 dots) and no beats played (all squares empty). With quantize turned off, everything changes the instant you hit one of the chord buttons. Does that make it work the way you want?
(02-05-2020, 04:49 AM)drGrov Wrote: You can set the drone trigger to play on chord trigger (5 dots) and no beats played (all squares empty). With quantize turned off, everything changes the instant you hit one of the chord buttons. Does that make it work the way you want?

Thanks, that's the behavior I was looking for.
Hello,

I just purchase The NDLR and love it, but I'm noticing the done is out of time from the other parts. 

Instead of starting on the "1" downbeat it always triggers on "&".  I've tried to muck around with the Drone Trigger options, but nothing seems to fix the issue. I figure that with the five dots and four completely filled boxes, I should get the drone to trigger on each beat. Instead, it is syncopated on the "&". I record four parts into a DAW and was able to confirm that motifs 1 & 2 and the pad all trigger properly and it is the drone that's out.

Also, I understand if only the right half of the boxes are filled in, the done should syncopate. I can confirm that I'm seeing the syncopated behavior with the boxed completely filled.

Do you have any advice on how to correct this issue?

Mark