Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External trigger timing
I set up a pad and a drone on the NDLR (running the shipped OS, not beta - my Mac is at 10.6.8, so have to do the upgrade on my Windows machine later, but I digress...).

The pad and drone MIDI channels are the same (triggering an MKS-20).  Drone is set to chord mode, all empty boxes.
Tempo is set to 72, Pad quantization set to 1/4 note.
If I start the Drone running and press a key on my external MIDI controller (a PPG - don't ask), I immediately hear the Drone triggered.
If I stop the Drone and start Pad and trigger it, I can hear the start being quantized to the quarter note.  It's especially noticeable if I have both Drone and Pad on - you can hear one triggering later than the other for most key presses.

Is the Drone supposed to be independent like that?
I found the same odd behavior. I would like all parts to be triggered at the same time. The delay on the drone track does not make sense to me... perhaps there is setting we don’t know about Smile
(02-01-2019, 09:38 AM)funktree Wrote: I found the same odd behavior. I would like all parts to be triggered at the same time. The delay on the drone track does not make sense to me... perhaps there is setting we don’t know about Smile

You can set the pad to be quantized to 1/4 note, 1/8 note or not quantized, but there's no similar setting for the drone.  I'd prefer that the drone follow the pad setting since the devs seem reluctant to add more menus to the main displays.
We discussed this in the beta thread, but for others reading this... as of beta 015 we changed drone to quantize to chord when drone is set for triggering with chord buttons. That's the setting with dots and empty boxes. The dots represent the chord buttons.