Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chord sequencer
Afternoon All. I'm getting on well with the ndlr, incredible machine. I've found it very straightforward to use apart from the chord sequencer which I cant get my head around though have made several attempts. Id be really grateful if someone could offer step by step instructions or upload a video? 

Thanks 

Rob
(11-25-2019, 07:54 AM)rob-ant Wrote: Afternoon All. I'm getting on well with the ndlr, incredible machine. I've found it very straightforward to use apart from the chord sequencer which I cant get my head around though have made several attempts. Id be really grateful if someone could offer step by step instructions or upload a video? 

Thanks 

Rob
Hi. I would still really appreciate someone explaining the chord sequencer to me. I'm able to enter chords in each part, arm it and when I push play, a red box appears but I have no idea how to move/play through the sections. I've followed the manual but I don't see how it plays and it's not clear in the manual. 

Thanks

Rob
Hello Rob. I have had a quick go and it is fiddly, but I think I figured it out. As you have probably discovered, you can create up to three 'sections' (A, B, C), where a section is a sequence chords up to six steps long (so a string with up to five chord changes). Each step can play the chord for an arbitrary number of quarter notes. You can then create a 'song' that chains together up to eight invocations of any of these sequences, with each link in the chain playing the section up to eight times before moving on. So your song might look like A*2, B*3, C*1, for example.

For me, when the word 'ARMED' is on (in green), pushing any of the play buttons starts the sequence playing through. While this is hapening the chord buttons don't do anything. When 'DISARM' appears (in red), the play buttons work as normal and the chord buttons are active. I'm not sure you can control where in the sequence you start, it seems to resume wherever you stopped it. The song wraps around and plays over and over until you hit pause. If you leave the chord editor active you will see it stepping through the sections and the song as it plays.

That's a quick explanation that's probably hopelessly opaque, but I can try again if it doesn't help. (I should say I haven't yet looked at that part of the manual, I just figured this out from fiddling.)
MarkH

[Image: gGzCVFp.jpg]
Thanks Mark, appreciate you spending some time going through this and that's sort of where I was up to. However, what I'm finding is, when armed and playing, it is not moving from one section to the next i.e Ax3 may be highlighted red but it doesn't appear to cycle through to the next part, Bx2 for example. However, from your description it sounds like I'm doing it right, almost - I'm just missing something, I'm sure it'll come.

Thanks again,

Rob
(12-06-2019, 01:45 AM)rob-ant Wrote: Thanks Mark, appreciate you spending some time going through this and that's sort of where I was up to. However,  what I'm finding is, when armed and playing, it is not moving from one section to the next i.e Ax3 may be highlighted red but it doesn't appear to cycle through to the next part, Bx2 for example. However, from your description it sounds like I'm doing it right, almost  - I'm just missing something, I'm sure it'll come.

Thanks again,

Rob

Maybe fimware difference? I'm on 1.1.060.
MarkH

[Image: gGzCVFp.jpg]