Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDLR clones / scam?
Hi guys,

thought of flagging a reddit post, someone found the NDLR going for $70 from an unknown company, Plattermoon:
https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/co...cam_right/

and this is the "product" page:
https://www.plattermoon.top/collections/...rpeggiator

the amount of imposters nowadays..
and just a headsup...I clicked on the plattermoon link above

and next time I log on to Facebook they are advertising this fake ndlr to me

I reported the ad to Facebook as a scam...but I hope you are on the case as presumably they are selling something??
Thank you for reporting this, we've been following these a-holes and reporting them to Facebook and PayPal. Facebook won't do anything about it. I think they just hide it from your timeline and keep showing the ads to anyone else. PayPal on the other hand takes action immediately and blocks further payments being made to the scammers. They also report their web site to the hosting provider. No doubt the hosting provider doesn't care about scam sites so the site might go down or change for a day then comes right back. The scammers are prepared and have multiple PayPal account ready when one gets closed.

All we can say is, what an honor to be selected for some scammers bait  Angry You would think they could find something more universally interesting to the general public. I suppose they avoid big brands so Facebook doesn't react too quickly. On the other hand, we are not running any ads at the moment and it seems sales have picked up a little, so thanks for that scammers.

Here are some pics of the ads sent to us by a concerned NDLR customer.

By the way, I don't think they cloned The NDLR. Based on other stuff "sold" by the same group, I don't think you will receive anything if you give them your money. Otherwise, they could have taken their own picture of the thing instead of ripping our pics. Notice they edited out "The NDLR" on one of them. The picture with the NDLR circuit boards and finished NDLRs all turned on was taken in my basement where we were assembling and testing them.
So.... they’re pulling this crap on Instagram now and I stupidly bought into it. I don’t know what I was thinking, but here we are. I used PayPal and filed a claim immediately after discovering it to be fraudulent. The seller (Chinese characters), sent a notification of shipment immediately after I filed the claim, so we’ll see what comes in the mail. I’ll let you guys know when/if it arrives  Cry Either way... I apologize to the developers for buying into it. Ever since I first heard of this product I’ve wanted one but that was certainly an improper avenue to go about acquiring it.
(11-25-2019, 11:17 AM)Craigafm27 Wrote: So.... they’re pulling this crap on Instagram now and I stupidly bought into it. I don’t know what I was thinking, but here we are. I used PayPal and filed a claim immediately after discovering it to be fraudulent. The seller (Chinese characters), sent a notification of shipment immediately after I filed the claim, so we’ll see what comes in the mail. I’ll let you guys know when/if it arrives  Cry Either way... I apologize to the developers for buying into it. Ever since I first heard of this product I’ve wanted one but that was certainly an improper avenue to go about acquiring it.

Please report on what you receive. Its unlikely they cloned the NDLR, but if they did we want to chase it down the companies we shared our data with. The biggest hurdle to cloning The NDLR is cloning the PJRC Teensy boot loader. Its been done but it isn't perfect, and the Teensy Loader program can recognize a Teensy clone. It might even work, but might not take our Firmware updates.
Will do. I will even send it to you if that will help
(11-25-2019, 01:53 PM)Craigafm27 Wrote: Will do. I will even send it to you if that will help
We would sure love to see one, if it shows. I'll send you an email.
These sites are set up for credit card harvesting. There is no product and no clone. The images are selectively displayed to you based on your browser history.
(12-18-2019, 09:01 PM)190531085100 Wrote: These sites are set up for credit card harvesting. There is no product and no clone. The images are selectively displayed to you based on your browser history.
This is correct. PayPal is shutting them off, all day every day.