Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
idea for update
would it be possible to develope or include in a firmware update the possibility of level setting on the various parts on the NDLR
If your sound modules support standard MIDI mapping, you can use The NDLR's MIDI Controller feature to change volume levels. It works best if you set it up before you use it by moving the volume slider, then adjusting the synth module volume to figure out where the levels are. The NDLR doesn't know the synth module's volume level setting so you need to experiment, and be careful to protect your ears. Theoretically, this all gets solved with MIDI 2.0, some day :-)

Also, the velocity of the notes can be limited in Settings menu 2, but that's probably not the best way to control volume as it affects the sound of the synth.

Otherwise, volume leveling is a task for the audio mixer.

To get into The NDLR MIDI Controller, press Shift + Menu, then press encoder 4 where its labeled MIDI CNTLR.
Just saw Darryl’s previous response... what he said!

Hi Smig,
I’m not exactly sure what you mean by level setting,  if it’s volume, you can try using the built in MIDI controller. The first screen is a 4 channel mixer, one encoder for each of the 4 parts.  Note that the “standard” MIDI CC’s are used for the mixer, sent to the port/channels selected for each part.
Steveo
Steve Wrote:Just saw Darryl’s previous response... what he said!

Hi Smig,
I’m not exactly sure what you mean by level setting,  if it’s volume, you can try using the built in MIDI controller. The first screen is a 4 channel mixer, one encoder for each of the 4 parts.  Note that the “standard” MIDI CC’s are used for the mixer, sent to the port/channels selected for each part.
Steveo
Hi Steve,
Thats awesome!Yes I was referring to part volume level .I was unaware there is a mixer on the NDLR. I think it a must to be able to fade parts in and out as required so cheers for that!