Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDLR start stop messages
Another option is controlling the synth volume with the new NDLR MIDI Controller feature.
My NDLR arrived Tuesday, so I've had a couple days to play around with it. Yesterday, I believe that I found another MIDI Start oddity. Playing just Motif 1 (or Motif 2) issues no Start as Steve has confirmed. But, I found that just twisting knobs in the Motif control section will generate MIDI Starts out of the blue. I couldn't find any mention of this in the manual. Here's what I found to generate a MIDI Start:

1. Select a different Rhythm pattern.
2. Change Offset from 1 to 0.
3. Change Clk Div, but only about half of the possible changes make a start, the others don't.

Yesterday I could have sworn I got MIDI Starts by just twisting Clk Div knob - even without a Motif or any part playing. But, I couldn't recreate that event today, so it must have been a hallucination.
(11-23-2019, 01:53 PM)House de Kris Wrote: My NDLR arrived Tuesday,  so I've had a couple days to play around with it. Yesterday, I believe that I found another MIDI Start oddity. Playing just Motif 1 (or Motif 2) issues no Start as Steve has confirmed. But, I found that just twisting knobs in the Motif control section will generate MIDI Starts out of the blue. I couldn't find any mention of this in the manual. Here's what I found to generate a MIDI Start:

1. Select a different Rhythm pattern.
2. Change Offset from 1 to 0.
3. Change Clk Div, but only about half of the possible changes make a start, the others don't.

Yesterday I could have sworn I got MIDI Starts by just twisting Clk Div knob - even without a Motif or any part playing. But, I couldn't recreate that event today, so it must have been a hallucination.
Thanks for the steps to reproduce, we'll play around with it and see if we can reproduce or find something in the code that could cause that to happen.
Hi All,
fixed: the asymmetric Stop/Start behavior of the Parts... it works as defined below. Updated in beta FW ver 1.1.062. 

Thanks for all the help with the initial sighting and repro!!!!
Steve

NEW Stop/Start behavior 
Motif 1 - On -> "START" msg^,  Off -> "STOP" msg*
Motif 2 - On -> "START" msg^,  Off -> "STOP" msg*
PAD     - On -> "START" msg^,  Off -> "STOP" msg*
DRONE   - On -> "START" msg^,  Off -> "STOP" msg*
ALL     - On -> "START" msg^,  Off -> "STOP" msg

^ (if first part playing)
* (if last part playing)