Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitch-bend pass through?
I'm using a Keystep midi out connected to the midi A in on the NDLR, sending note data to a couple synths on the A out. 

From what I can tell, it appears that the NDLR is not passing through / transmitting any pitch-bend data to the connected synths. Is this expected? Is there a setting for this that I have missed?
(01-14-2019, 02:21 PM)leave trace Wrote: I'm using a Keystep midi out connected to the midi A in on the NDLR, sending note data to a couple synths on the A out. 

From what I can tell, it appears that the NDLR is not passing through / transmitting any pitch-bend data to the connected synths. Is this expected? Is there a setting for this that I have missed?

If it is plugged into the 5-Pin "A" MIDI IN port it should come out the 5-Pin "A" MIDI OUT port + USB 1 MIDI OUT port.  UNLESS it is on The NDLR Control channel (set in Settings 1 menu).   I just verified this too with the Keystep, monitoring the MIDI stream via MIDI OX on my dev PC.

BTW: Starting on Page 29 of The NDLR manual there is MIDI message flow info there.

Also notice that the pitch-bend MIDI Ch can be set in the Arturia MIDI Control Center to "user" or any other Ch... 

Thanks,
Steve
Good to hear that it should be working. Must be something simple on my end that I've missed. I'll experiment further.
(01-16-2019, 04:21 PM)leave trace Wrote: Good to hear that it should be working. Must be something simple on my end that I've missed. I'll experiment further.

Did you work out what the issue was? I'm having the same problem. 

My set-up is Blofeld Keys > MPC1000 > NDLR > Midi splitter > a bunch of synths.

The pitch bend from the Blofeld is received by the MPC and transmitted when the MPC midi out is plugged directly into the hub, but doesn't seem to be getting passed through the NDLR Undecided
(03-12-2020, 12:59 PM)StuMiller Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 04:21 PM)leave trace Wrote: Good to hear that it should be working. Must be something simple on my end that I've missed. I'll experiment further.

Did you work out what the issue was? I'm having the same problem. 

My set-up is Blofeld Keys > MPC1000 > NDLR > Midi splitter > a bunch of synths.

The pitch bend from the Blofeld is received by the MPC and transmitted when the MPC midi out is plugged directly into the hub, but doesn't seem to be getting passed through the NDLR Undecided
I'll see if I can figure out what's going on with this for you. Would you mind giving me a little more info so I can try to reproduce the issue. What midi channel is the keyboard sending on and what channels are set up for NDLR control and NDLR transpose?
Cheers,
Jesse
Hi Jesse, thanks for the response.

The Blofeld is transmitted on midi channel 5. NDLR cntl and KB trans are set to 16 and 15 respectively.

Other slightly odd behaviour is that trying to pitch bend seems to lock the note being played on until I hit stop a couple of times on the MPC.
(03-20-2020, 09:20 AM)StuMiller Wrote: Hi Jesse, thanks for the response.

The Blofeld is transmitted on midi channel 5. NDLR cntl and KB trans are set to 16 and 15 respectively.

Other slightly odd behaviour is that trying to pitch bend seems to lock the note being played on until I hit stop a couple of times on the MPC.
Hey Stu,
I've got my keystep sending midi out to the NDLR MIDI DIN A and out of OUT A, into the Ipad as well as through usb to the PC where I'm monitoring it on MIDI OX and I am definitely seeing it pass the pitch bend data, but my Ipad is definitely not responding to it. I took a closer look and the values passed are not the same as when I am patching straight into the Ipad. I will create a bug for this and see if we can get it to behave as expected. I will try to  post back here when I have more info. Thanks to both of you for catching this.
Cheers,
Jesse
(03-20-2020, 08:54 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:

Hey Stu,
I've got my keystep sending midi out to the NDLR MIDI DIN A and out of OUT A, into the Ipad as well as through usb to the PC where I'm monitoring it on MIDI OX and I am definitely seeing it pass the pitch bend data, but my Ipad is definitely not responding to it. I took a closer look and the values passed are not the same as when I am patching straight into the Ipad. I will create a bug for this and see if we can get it to behave as expected. I will try to  post back here when I have more info. Thanks to both of you for catching this.
Cheers,
Jesse

Great, thanks Jesse! Glad I'm not just being in idiot Big Grin
(03-20-2020, 08:54 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:

Hey Stu,
Cheers,
Jesse
Any news on this fix?
I have also run into this issue. My pitch bend will not pass through the Ndlr.