Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global Tempo as destination in Modulation Matrix
My NDLR just arrived in the mail, so this is my first post. Excited to dig in!

Was checking out the various options and got an idea. Title says it all. I think it would be interesting to be able to modulate the global tempo using the modulation matrix. I was looking at Appendix A. MIDI CC (Control Change) Implementation and was thinking I could potentially send the MIDI CC LFO signal back into the NDLR, but being able to directly select it in the destination option would be slicker. 

Also, in Appendix A I stumbled upon this:

Quote:NOTE: CC messages 75-79 (4Bh-4Fh) are used as inputs sources (#12-#16) to the Modulation Matrix

What does that mean exactly?
Congrats of getting your NDLR!

We actually had tempo as a modulation destination, but it wreaked havoc as The NDLR's heartbeat is the MIDI clock. We struggled with it for a while but decided to drop it. Maybe we will revisit it someday.

Quote:NOTE: CC messages 75-79 (4Bh-4Fh) are used as inputs sources (#12-#16) to the Modulation Matrix

This means, you can send CCs to The NDLR MIDI control channel as a modulation source. For instance, Art Kern's midiLFOs iPad app can output LFOs to MIDI CC. http://artkerns.com/midilfos.html