Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The NDLR Beta Firmware v1.1.011
Beta FW ver 1.1.011 Release Notes

Bug Fixes:
1) When the Motif Pattern Length = 1 it only plays one note when Variation is “up & down” or “odd/even”, it mistakenly played two notes before.
2) LFO3 is now limited to Patt 40, Patt 41 was out of range.
3) When “Play All” is toggled to “Play” the 2 motifs are restarted at the first note in their Motif Patterns. 
4) When two LFOs are using different Patterns as wave-shapes they work correctly now.

Feature Updates:
1)  Only when an LFO is using a Pattern as a wave-shape the Modulation Matrix screen has the following updates:
     a) The DEST VAL is grayed out because the destination value is made equal to the Pattern Step value, because there is no scaling.
     b) The MOD AMT is limited to two positions, 0% (off) or 100% (on), because there is no scaling.
     c) The Pattern values are drawn in graphic form replacing the Mod Range values.

2) We added a Boot Menu option to enable or disable sending MIDI Clock-out messages on all the MIDI ports –  enter Boot Menu by holding the Shift + Menu buttons when turning on The NDLR.  The analog clock-out is not affected.

3) MIDI Program Change messages received on The NDLR MIDI Control channel (found in Setting Menu #1) with values 0-8 will load The NDLR Presets 0-8, all other values are ignored.  Any MIDI Program Change messages not on The NDLR MIDI Control channel are passed through.

Attached Files
.zip   NDLR_v1.1.011.ino.hex.zip (Size: 156.62 KB / Downloads: 3)
Just had a quick play with this FW and now my NDLR refuses to play any motif notes when the Motif Pattern Length = 1, regardless of the variation Sad . It also seems to leave the previous note hanging if you change the length to 1 while the motif is playing.
(01-11-2019, 11:55 AM)drGrov Wrote: Just had a quick play with this FW and now my NDLR refuses to play any motif notes when the Motif Pattern Length = 1, regardless of the variation Sad . It also seems to leave the previous note hanging if you change the length to 1 while the motif is playing.

Oh man, you are correct. Not sure what went wrong, I saw it work! We'll fix it on Monday and release a new beta soon after.
>> 3) When “Play All” is toggled to “Play” the 2 motifs are restarted at the first note in their Motif Patterns.
Fantastic, thanks! Just one detail left as far as i'm concerned: In sync slave mode, the NDLR should start playing when receiving a start message from the external master clock. (I can achieve this now by "arming" play on the NDLR, and then starting the external master clock... but that should be automatic).
(01-15-2019, 03:45 AM)Chab Wrote: Fantastic, thanks! Just one detail left as far as i'm concerned: In sync slave mode, the NDLR should start playing when receiving a start message from the external master clock. (I can achieve this now by "arming" play on the NDLR, and then starting the external master clock... but that should be automatic).

I think this should be optional. It's not always true that I want the NDLR to start generating notes the instant I hit play on my sequencer (Deluge).
Hi Guys,
Both points of view are valid given the setup and goal.  To this end the MIDI start, stop, continue messages are only honored on the 5pin MIDI port B and USB MIDI port 1, all other “ssc” MIDI messages are ignored. 

More details starting on Page 29 in the manual, available on the Conductive Labs download page, this section discusses MIDI control message flow.  

Steve
PS I’m still looking into the behavior when the “ssc” messages are honored.