Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NDLR / Deluge / 0-Coast / Micromonsta / Boog
Here's a raw capture of an early play with the NDLR after spending a couple of days integrating it with my setup. All melodies are generated by the NDLR sequenced from a Deluge. The instruments used are:

Motif: MakeNoise 0-Coast
Pad: Audiothingies Micromonsta
Drone: Behringer Model D

Drums and Chord Sequencing: Synthstrom Deluge

Man I love this thing!

https://soundcloud.com/drgrov-482815708/...-1/s-5UWsQ
Smooth groove! That model D is really moogish, very nice.
Very cool. Just ordered the NDLR and wondering if it can control multiple synth voices on the Deluge at once. More a question about the Deluge I guess, but have you tried live jamming all 4 NDLR parts with just the Deluge?
(02-25-2019, 08:14 PM)vanklomk Wrote: Very cool. Just ordered the NDLR and wondering if it can control multiple synth voices on the Deluge at once.  More a question about the Deluge I guess, but have you tried live jamming all 4 NDLR parts with just the Deluge?

It's not something I'd thought about, probably because I've got too many other MIDI synths to make noises with Smile . However, controlling 4 synth tracks on the Deluge from the NDLR is pretty straightforward. The only tricky part is MIDI learning each Deluge track to the corresponding MIDI channel for the particular part on the NDLR. Once that's done you've got a multi-timbral sound generator ready for noodling.
Thanks for the reply. I'm sure I'll play other synths with it too, but thinking just the NDLR and Deluge together would make a powerful composition rig in a very small package, for someone like me who struggles with theory and leaving my comfortable keys. I have the Kordbot coming eventually but I have my doubts on that one.

I've had no trouble controlling the Deluge synths with an external midi controller, but haven't had a way to test multiple at once.