Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bass vs Motif parts
Music 
We received a question from a Kickstarter contributor that others may also be curious about.

"Hello!
I know that I'm jumping the gun asking a technical question without my NDLR in my hands, but a quick question -
Back when the product was first announced, there was a mention of pads, drones, motifs, and bass parts. I realize that the bass parts probably evolved into what is now Motif 1 & 2. Will it still be possible to set up a bass part in either of the Motif areas, i.e. a lower octave based part?
From reading the manual (V.10) I think I am seeing how to go about it, but I just wanted to check in..."

Originally, The NDLR had a Bass part, and a Motif part. The only difference between the parts was that the Bass part had less controls. While we liked having the two parts separated on the control surface, we prefered having all of the features of Motif for both parts. Now both parts are on the right side knobs, with a dedicated button to toggle between the parts.

So, you can definitely make a bass part with one motif and a lead part with the other. Both parts are fully featured and very flexible.

Darryl