Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KB trans issue
owned the original and bought a new ndlr v2 and got here last week. but the  kb trans function is acting really weird . 

i've tried all ports and different controllers to different synths all with the same result .   

when i press the same key (any key) repeatedly it starts to climb in scale and then back down as if there is a midi feedback loop . 

i'm using all stand alone linear hardware,  5 pin midi controller to midi b in to ndlr out midi b and to the synth . powered ndlr by separate usb wall wart .there is no possible way any feedback loop is occurring. 

like i said tried all ports and different controllers 

i hooked it up to ctrlr.org's midi monitor to see what was happening and the note off number is not matching the note on number and each time the same key is pressed different note on and off values occur

i tried re flashing the firmware but didn't help.  all other functions working perfectly fine .  monitoring midi messages on the other motifs and the note on # is matching the note off #  

perplexed ...
This behavior sounds very much like the Interval Mode is turned on. To check if this is the case:

1) Press Shift + Menu + Encoder 3 (Pos/Notes/Trigger).
2) To toggle the Interval function, press Shift + Encoder 3. On the screen (2nd line of text) the yellow “OFF” will turn to a green “ON”.

Set it to OFF to make it operate as you'd expect. If it was never ON, then I have no clue, but others may help.

Details of Interval Mode are on page 55 of the v2.0 manual.
(01-26-2024, 09:00 AM)House de Kris Wrote: This behavior sounds very much like the Interval Mode is turned on. To check if this is the case:

2) To toggle the Interval function, press Shift + Encoder 3. On the screen (2nd line of text) the yellow “OFF” will turn to a green “ON”.

Set it to OFF to make it operate as you'd expect. If it was never ON, then I have no clue, but others may help.

thanks for your response Kris

but interval was off and was never on, and I don't think that that would explain  for the miss matched note on/off numbers.
(01-26-2024, 09:00 AM)hey kris you were right !!  in my v2 the beta interval defaults to on ever power cycle and won't save off in global .  House de Kris Wrote: This behavior sounds very much like the Interval Mode is turned on. To check if this is the case:

It looks like the Interval sequencer is default "ON" on the new fw, and it may be that in some instances it is on when it says it is off. I will ask Steve to take some time with me soon to go over it in detail and get to the bottom if the issue, but I was able to turn it on, then off and that seems to work. I'll report back once we have a fix.
Jesse