Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constant Midi clock
Hi there,

is there a way to disable the constant midi clock ? 
I am running the NDLR into a MIO10 patchbay and it drowns the other midi information i am afraid.
Would it not make more sense to send start, clock or MTC messages when a part is running ?

Typically when viewing MIDI messages you can filter out the real time (aka Clk) messages.
If you really want to turn off the clock-out you can do that in the Boot menu.
1) Hold Shift+Menu when turning on The NDLR.
2) Motif1 on/off button will toggle Clock Out on or off.
3) The Panic button exits this menu.
Steve
(07-29-2019, 01:57 PM)Steve Wrote: Typically when viewing MIDI messages you can filter out the real time (aka Clk) messages.  
Steve

Thank you :Smile

yes, that is perfect.
Are there some combination possible ? 
Like, clock out when starting a part...or parts starting on start/stop signals from the rest of the rig ? 
I am trying to incorporate the NDLR with the rest of the setup more...
Maybe the constant clock is a good thing...i am not sure yet which should be the master clock.
(07-29-2019, 01:57 PM)Steve Wrote: Typically when viewing MIDI messages you can filter out the real time (aka Clk) messages.  
Steve

This was super helpful for me!~
(07-30-2019, 08:09 AM)ArguZ Wrote:
Steve

Thank you :Smile

yes, that is perfect.
Are there some combination possible ? 
Like, clock out when starting a part...or parts starting on start/stop signals from the rest of the rig ? 
I am trying to incorporate the NDLR with the rest of the setup more...
Maybe the constant clock is a good thing...i am not sure yet which should be the master clock.

The MIDI spec leaves it to the implementer whether to turn clock off or not, and obviously we chose to leave it on. Frankly, we were frustrated with the Beatstep Pro turning clock off when we stopped the sequencer. It prevented instruments that rely on the clock to continue playing. For instance, my Evolver would just freeze when clock stopped. The clock should not pose an issue with regards to processing on the MIDI router as long as there are not multiple clocks being passed thru.