Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chaining chords / chord pattern
Hi all,

Is there a possibility to chain chord buttons in any way? I was wondering if I could invoke a sequence like V (3 times) - VII (10 times) - II (8 times) and have the NDLR follow this pattern. Is this what Mod Destinations can be used for?

Thanks!
For sure you can use a modulator to trigger chords. You can also create a pattern and use it as a modulation waveform for a more specific and synced chord trigger. You can also sequence chords from an external sequencer connected to a MIDI input on The NDLR.

Ultimately though, we plan to add a chord sequencer to The NDLR which will provide deliberately timed chord sequencing.
Darryl, any timeframe on when that chord sequencer update may come?
Did somebody say "Chord Sequencer?!" :o) That would be noooice!
We should have a rough idea of timing late next week.
(06-14-2019, 08:33 PM)190531085100 Wrote: Hi all,

Is there a possibility to chain chord buttons in any way? I was wondering if I could invoke a sequence like V (3 times) - VII (10 times) - II (8 times) and have the NDLR follow this pattern. Is this what Mod Destinations can be used for?

Thanks!

I posted a video showing how you can sequence chord changes from an Elektron Digitone, but the principle is the same for any other sequencer. But I agree - the preview of the chord sequencer in the latest newsletter looks great!

Steve finished the MIDI Controller feature today, and started on the chord sequencer! Excited!
Synthdad, thank you for the video! This is extremely helpful. The only sequencers available to me right now are the SQ-1 and the Circuit. I will try to recreate your setup.