Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uber-Newbie Confusion
Hi All -

Excited to get my new/old NDLR (from Reverb).
  • Updated FW from v1.1.060 to 1.1.079.
  • Hooked up USB to Win10 host running Cantabile (live DAW).
  • Set MIDI port (all the same) and channels (1, 2, 3, 5).
  • Selected Motif 1.
  • Clicked a scale degree (any one, they all produce the same MIDI):

All I get out (monitoring in Cantabile and also viewing with the MidiView App) is: 

23.744              1          Controller 123 - All Notes Off          0
                    2          Controller 123 - All Notes Off          0
                    3          Controller 123 - All Notes Off          0
                    5          Controller 123 - All Notes Off          0

That's it. OK, that can really be it ... but I can't cajole the NDLR into sending anything but All Notes Off.

I do get the same CC 123 commands, but on all 16 channels, when I hit [Panic] ... 

So what am I missing? I know this be the biggest "Duh" on the planet when some kind person points me in the right direction ...

-Clint
I've seen this happen, but if I remember correctly, if I selected a chord deg prior to starting the parts it sent out notes as expected.
(03-25-2023, 01:18 PM)Darryl Wrote: I've seen this happen, but if I remember correctly, if I selected a chord deg prior to starting the parts it sent out notes as expected.

I did try that - selecting the chord degree first and then starting various parts ... and it still emits 4 "All Notes Off" messages on each new chord degree.
A Factory Reset (from the boot menu) solved it. I had though that the NDLR would have arrived in Factory Reset state, or that the firmware upgrade I did would have cleared things out, but not so.

I'm now happily NDLRing (at a newbie level ...)
I think the NDLR starts out with a NULL value in the selected chord degree at startup sometimes and that causes some weird note behavior until you select a chord degree. It's probably worth taking a look at the code and seeing if we can default to chord degree 1 at boot. I'll ask Steve to take a look.

Glad you were able to get it sorted out and get busy NDLRing!