Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower the volume messages sent to synth??
Hello! Not quite sure if this is in the correct place... I have the wonderful MRCC and also recently got a used NDLR at a decent price. I am a home hobbyist dilettante, not even an amateur musician. Just like synths.

I see from the compatibility list that the Korg Minilogue XD is not actually supported.

Having said that... is it possible either the MRCC or the NDLR through it are sending some kind of message to the Minilogue XD to lower it's volume??

Because something like that is happening. 

Thanks!
Hi Jeremiah, what a strange situation, I had a look around and it doesn't look like the XD has any MIDI CC implemented for volume so that is a head scratcher. If you play the NDLR through, then stop it, does playing a note on the synth after maintain the lower volume, or is it only the notes being sent from the NDRL that are low?

One possibility to consider is the NDLR setting for Velocity, (which is in the Settings Page 2 menu I believe). This setting is only ever used by the NDLR when the Accent selection for a motif is set to a setting called Motif Velocity. If you set the Accent setting to Rhythm Velocity, or any of the options that have a pattern of dots, then we should be able to test it to see if adjusting that solves the issue. If so go into the settings menu and set the Motif Velocity setting to something above 100.

Let me know how it goes.
(03-16-2023, 07:50 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Hi Jeremiah, what a strange situation, I had a look around and it doesn't look like the XD has any MIDI CC implemented for volume so that is a head scratcher. If you play the NDLR through, then stop it, does playing a note on the synth after maintain the lower volume, or is it only the notes being sent from the NDRL that are low?

One possibility to consider is the NDLR setting for Velocity, (which is in the Settings Page 2 menu I believe). This setting is only ever used by the NDLR when the Accent selection for a motif is set to a setting called Motif Velocity. If you set the Accent setting to Rhythm Velocity, or any of the options that have a pattern of dots, then we should be able to test it to see if adjusting that solves the issue. If so go into the settings menu and set the Motif Velocity setting to something above 100.

Let me know how it goes.

Ha ha! Thanks Jesse! I'll keep exploring, having fun, and will report back! I still don't quite grasp the Accent Settings, so it could have something to do with that. Having said that... Whew! I sure do like the MRCC and NDLR! Crazy amounts of sonic fun as I have four hardware synths!