Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tutorial on using the NDLR with the Deluge
[font=system-ui, -apple-system, system-ui, ".SFNSText-Regular", sans-serif]Hi everyone, I made this tutorial video to explain how I pair the NDLR with the Deluge.
[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, system-ui, ".SFNSText-Regular", sans-serif]I explain how to map MIDI from the NDLR on to the Deluge synths, how to use the NDLR LFOs to modulate internal parameters, how to modulate Deluge synth parameters using the NDLR LFOs and how to sequence the NDLR from the Deluge. It was a lot of fun exploring putting these two together![/font]

The big issue is that on the deluge you adress only one usb port whether on a daw you can use all four usb ports of the ndlr.

I still wonder why..... Huh
(02-08-2023, 02:08 AM)racecube Wrote: The big issue is that on the deluge you adress only one usb port whether on a daw you can use all four usb ports of the ndlr.

I still wonder why..... Huh

Are you asking why the Deluge cannot see all four USB MIDI virtual ports from The NDLR?

I believe the answer is, because its hard to do. These devices are not running any operating system so they do not have a sophisticated USB host driver. If it were running Linux for instance, it would have a full featured USB host driver that could enumerate all types of USB devices. The microcontrollers on these types of hardware have a lot of limitations that make it hard to accomplish what an operating system can do, and most importantly, what years of development and testing have done to make the USB host compatible with a lot of USB client devices. The USB spec isn't nearly strict enough for how the client presents itself, thanks Microsoft.  Dodgy

Rather than trying to enumerate multiple ports, they could let us setup Deluge to receive multiple MIDI channels. That would be a lot easier.