Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motif 1 cuts note sustain length of pad notes when active
This one really has me stumped. I’m a veteran NDLR user but I’m using it through a MPC One for the first time. I’m recording NDLR output onto individual MPC midi tracks simultaneously.

My pad channel works totally fine until I activate Motif 1. When Motif 1 plays, the audible and  recorded sustaining length of the pad notes is truncated to short quarter notes as long as the motif is running. As soon as I pause motif 1, the pad notes resume their full sustaining length and get recorded as long sustaining notes. You can see it right on the screen - the recorded pad notes stop being long duration notes and are only short truncated notes as soon as I start motif 2.

Drone or Motif 2 doesn’t do this, only Motif 1.
No modulations are active on NDLR.
NDLR routing is all four parts set to MIDI channels 1-4 on MIDI A into MPC One MIDI input to four individual armed MIDI tracks for recording. 

I’m a NDLR / MIDI veteran so I’ve done a lot of troubleshooting but I’m stumped!
and the MPC is kind of LOCAL OFF? so you have no MIDI loop?
(01-24-2023, 06:00 AM)Bigsniff Wrote: This one really has me stumped. I’m a veteran NDLR user but I’m using it through a MPC One for the first time. I’m recording NDLR output onto individual MPC midi tracks simultaneously.

My pad channel works totally fine until I activate Motif 1. When Motif 1 plays, the audible and  recorded sustaining length of the pad notes is truncated to short quarter notes as long as the motif is running. As soon as I pause motif 1, the pad notes resume their full sustaining length and get recorded as long sustaining notes. You can see it right on the screen - the recorded pad notes stop being long duration notes and are only short truncated notes as soon as I start motif 2.

Drone or Motif 2 doesn’t do this, only Motif 1.
No modulations are active on NDLR.
NDLR routing is all four parts set to MIDI channels 1-4 on MIDI A into MPC One MIDI input to four individual armed MIDI tracks for recording. 

I’m a NDLR / MIDI veteran so I’ve done a lot of troubleshooting but I’m stumped!
Does your MPC have the latest 2.11.7 firmware and if yes, did you reset preferences after updating?

On the MPC, there was a "Global midi note off" bug that emerged from (I think) fw 2.9 and was fixed, but that fix generated another "Global midi note pool" bug, where you can't play 2 same notes on the MPC, eg. C2 note that is played first prevents another C2 note from being played. That seems to be fixed in the 2.11.7 update.

One thing to try is to turn off "Instant track mute" from preferences, track mute problem was another bug that emerged from fw 2.8/2.9, if I recall correctly, and I'm not sure if that was properly fixed.