Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mrcc, just want some clarification then im buying it!
Hi guys, ndlr user here, got it during the kickstarter way back when, anyway. Im super interested in the mrcc, my setup has grown over the years, and midi over usb is driving me insane and im all out of midi din in and outs.
Would i be correct in thinking i could sync my mac to the mrcc just for updates and maybe using the ndlr for soft synths. but more importantly sending a clock into the mrcc from my erm multiclock and sending the clock out to all my other gear, it looks like the mrcc has its own clock but the erm is rock solid.
Also i have a little dawless (well its still connected to the computer of sorts) elekron setup with the octatrack as the main sequencer, i presume i could route the sequence/stop start and all that and also switch between my digitone sequencer also to sequence whatever. Such as any soft synths or my virus ti2 and ob6, man alive the mind boggles!
I assume all this is possible, just need someone to say "yes, it is" and im buying it instantly as im at the end of my rope getting things to work via usb only haha.
Many thanks guys.
I'm using an E-RM multiclock with a pair of MRCCs just fine. 

Also have an Octatrack that just receives MIDI.

There's been some reports here about the Digitone so you might want to scan for that. 

Suggestion- if you're using the E-RM for clocking,  use that for your master start/stop as well.  Don't use the OT as a master as well.
Thanks for the reply, I ordered one, arrives tomorrow.
Yeah I spent a couple of hours reading the forum last night and watching videos etc.
I only want to send clock, transport and pc to my elektron stuff via din (also have a Rytm and heat) the erm will be the master clock for all of it. I will use usb for firmware/sysexe etc that’s no problem.
Can’t wait for it to arrive, it will solve so many headaches!
(01-10-2023, 05:07 PM)oldgearguy Wrote: I'm using an E-RM multiclock with a pair of MRCCs just fine.

Hey, I have 2 MRCCs as well, and should soon be getting a Midronome (similar to E-RM).  If I want the DAW, Studio One, to be the transport and clock source through the Midronome, what special setup, if any, would be needed beyond simply routing the clock device to all outputs, and merging in other controllers?  Sadly, this DAW doesn't sync to MIDI Clock, but it can be the source.  Curious if you encountered any challenges with your setup.  Thanks.
(01-12-2023, 10:45 PM)Dark Waves Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 05:07 PM)oldgearguy Wrote: I'm using an E-RM multiclock with a pair of MRCCs just fine.

Hey, I have 2 MRCCs as well, and should soon be getting a Midronome (similar to E-RM).  If I want the DAW, Studio One, to be the transport and clock source through the Midronome, what special setup, if any, would be needed beyond simply routing the clock device to all outputs, and merging in other controllers?  Sadly, this DAW doesn't sync to MIDI Clock, but it can be the source.  Curious if you encountered any challenges with your setup.  Thanks.
What i would do is use the optional audio input on the midronome to have it sync with the DAW.  Then I would send one MIDI out to each MRCC.  That way,  there's less chaining and you have the ability to run devices on different MRCCs at different tempos and such.

99.9% of the time, both of my E-RM outs are running the same tempo,  but even though it uses up an extra input,  I never have to route the clock signal across MRCCs.  Plus,  I don't have to power up all my gear all the time just to have the clock working.
(01-13-2023, 11:56 AM)oldgearguy Wrote:
(01-12-2023, 10:45 PM)Dark Waves Wrote:

What i would do is use the optional audio input on the midronome to have it sync with the DAW.  Then I would send one MIDI out to each MRCC.  That way,  there's less chaining and you have the ability to run devices on different MRCCs at different tempos and such.

99.9% of the time, both of my E-RM outs are running the same tempo,  but even though it uses up an extra input,  I never have to route the clock signal across MRCCs.  Plus,  I don't have to power up all my gear all the time just to have the clock working.

Super, thanks for the tips!