Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible defective encoder?
Hi and happy new year!

Some time ago I decided I wanted to get myself a NDLR. I would have opted for a brand new one if that was available, but had to go for a used one. After spending some time with it, it looks like one of the endless encoders is not working how it's supposed to. I've just updated the device to the latest firmware 1.1.079 and have factory resetted the device afterwards, after doing so I still see the behavior below:

The 2nd from the top on the left side of the device labeled 'Range Spread' doesn't allow me to scroll through all possible values. As example, if I hit the 'menu' button the encoder controls the midi channel and port for the Drone channel. By default is set to MIDI A, channel 3. If I normally turn the encoder one click in either direction, no change occurs. If I turn it very slowly and hold it in between clicks, the value changes to USB4, Channel 3 until I move it to the next click. If I turn the encoder very quickly, it will sometimes stick to that last mentioned value. When the encoder is assigned to other parameters, I see similar behavior.

Based on what I'm seeing (and have seen in the past with wonky endless rotary encoders), I have the impression that the encoder may be defective. Is there anything else I can try to further troubleshoot? If it ends up being a hardware defect, is this repairable?
Thanks for your response!
Sounds like it could be either a failed Multiplexor chip or a faulty encoder, both are simple repairs. Send me an email at Support@conductivelabs.com and we can discuss options available to get it fixed.
Jesse
Thanks, have just sent you an email.