Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Program change not working
Hi there. I am trying to send program changes from a Digitakt to a Peak. When connected through the MRCC, transport and note info works, but program changes do not. There are no filters applied to the routing (or anything else). When plugged in directly to each other program changes work. Any trouble shooting tips?
Are you sending these via USB or DIN? Until the most recent Elektron FW updates, none of the DIGI-boxes worked with the MRCC at all, and are listed as officially not supported on our compatibility tracker. I was able to get things to work to some degree after reports that these were working, but I too experienced some unusual side effect, in my case the BPM was a little unpredictable when sending clock, and certain things seemed like they would lock up. I found that turning off clock on the DT solved the issue, but I think that's still a bit shy of being USB MIDI compatible at this point, best to stick to DIN with these for now.

If you are using DIN we can work out a test to see if these are PC messages are getting through the MRCC. This will require us to use a MIDI cable to loop the output of a DIN output back into one of the inputs, then filter Notes, Transport, clock, etc. on that routing. next route that input to another DIN and bring up the MRCC MIDI monitor (you'll need to unpause it probably). Then send the message, it should show up twice, once as it goes out the first port, then again as it's sent to the second port. If it's being blocked somewhere it may only show up once, and if it never shows up who knows what that means, but we need to look at it a bit more if that is the case.

DT - midi cable- in1->filters->out1- midi cable - in2->out2
Hey Jesse, thanks for getting back to me. I'm using DIN. I've had no issues until I tried program changes. For now I'm using Midi Patch Bay on my computer to make things work. I'll come back to trouble shooting at another time.
I think I remember hearing about a bug similar to this a while back. It was related to the Remote channel of the MRCC. I think the MRCC originally listened on a set port by default, but we turned that off so that you have to select a port and channel in the menu to use that feature, however I seem to remember that instead of not listening for PC messages on one channel, it blocked all channels on that port until you select an alternate. If you get a chance to test this for me, you can go into the menu and set it to listen on say channel 16 on any port that you're not testing with, then see if those messages get through. I will add this to my list of things to test next time I'm doing that sort of thing too, and make sure it's in the bug tracker.