Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob Bloos...
So, very excitedly received my MRCC and I can't for the life of me figure it out! Argh! 

What I would like to do:

In The Box
Use mutliple USB controllers for DAW VSTs via the MRCC
Have semi-permanent routing from DAW to Hardware synths

Out of the box
Use Hardware sequencers with hardware synths via the MRCC

Macbook Pro M1 Cubase Pro + Ableton Live

I would willingly pay someone to help me get this running as this box is the answer to my prayers but I am too stoopid to work this out for myself. 

If anyone is willing to help train and idiot please message me, I can't even save my ********* presets!!

Best festive wishes to you all!

AJ
The most obvious thing first, you need make a connection between a USB port on you computer and the PC port of the MRCC so that the MRCC is available as a MIDI interface in Live. See Live's MIDI Ports for more info.

What you need to do is connect USB controllers to the HOST ports on the MRCC, connect synths to the MIDI DIN ports, and then create routes from HOST to PC and from PC to DIN MIDI. Here's more details:

To use your USB-controllers with Ableton Live
  1. Connect your USB controllers to the 4 USB HOST ports  on the MRCC
  2. In the MRCC, create a route for USB-INPUT to one of the 12 OUTPUTS of the PC port (see pg. 13 in the MRCC manual). Use a separate output for each controller, then it's less confusing to configure the ports in live.
  3. Set up the controllers in Live (see Using MIDI controllers with Live), note that the Midi Ports for your controllers are those of the MRCC!

To control your hardware synths:

1. Connect the MIDI IN of your hardware synths to a DIN MIDI OUTPUT on the MRCC
  2. for each synth, you need to create a route in the MRCC from a PC INPUT to the DIN MIDI OUTPUTS so that Live can send MIDI to those synths
  3. in Ableton, activate "Track" for the MIDI outs of the MRCC that are now connected to a synth, so that Live can send MIDI to those ports.
  4. setup tour tracks in Live to send midi data on the correct channels

Maybe you want to take a look at the Cheatsheet I wrote for the MRCC, sometimes a second perspective can make things click.

After everything is working, save your configuration as preset in the MRCC, and consider creating a template in Live that set up the way you like it.
Hey Lizard

Your cheat sheet plus some top input from Jesse via video call has sorted out my issues.

Thanks for sharing - amazing stuff!

Best regards

AJ