Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
filtering clock and or start stop etc on an output
is this possible? what i need to do is send a clock and a start message out of an output, but after i do that i need to be able to filter out the start stop continue messages so that resets on my end do not send elsewhere and restart other band mates gear but i do them to continue getting the clock. can this unit do this?
I'm not sure how this would work. It should be possible to do but might be cluncky since you're navigating a menu with no screen while playing. I would say save 2 presets and press play and then switch preset to 2, where you're filtering those messages, but I don't know how it works with loading saves while clock is being sent. Those happen so fast, it's likely to cause dropped clock ticks. I will try it and see what happens.
(12-09-2022, 05:40 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: I'm not sure how this would work. It should be possible to do but might be cluncky since you're navigating a menu with no screen while playing. I would say save 2 presets and press play and then switch preset to 2, where you're filtering those messages, but I don't know how it works with loading saves while clock is being sent. Those happen so fast, it's likely to cause dropped clock ticks. I will try it and see what happens.

cool thank you.

what i do currently is i have a midiclock+ and i send one out to my midi 1x4 and it goes to all my gear and keeps it in sync, and the other out goes to my bandmate. i am trying to filter out the restart or resync message that goes to him so i can still resync on my end but filter that out on his end. i figured out how to do it with my blokas midihub but i need that plus an external controller and that is just too much gear for my live rig to do one small thing. trying to figure out a small way to do it or another device that inherently can do that.
So I can think of one easy way, but it's a bit of a hack to do it.
1. Send the clock and trigger into the MRCC from our source lets say DIN1_IN for the sake of this experiment.
2. Route that to DIN1_Out and DIN2_Out
3. On routing DIN1_In to DIN1_Out block all MIDI except Start Stop (transport) by placing MIDI filters on this routing.
4. On routing DIN1_In to DIN2_Out block Start Stop (Transport) with a filter
5. Use a short MIDI cable to physically route DIN1_Out into DIN2_in
6. Route DIN2_in to DIN2_out
7. When playing keep DIN2_In selected and once you've started the bandmates downstream. press the button on DIN2_Out to unroute it. Press it again to reroute it when you want to send Transport again. Clock will still continue regardless, as will anything else not filtered.
I have a similar question.

In general, on the MRCC 880, can you filter on the output or do you only filter incoming messages?

My end goal is filter midi notes out on a specific output, allowing clock/transport/cc to go thru.
I registered for the forum to ask about this before buying an MRCC 880. My bandmate and I have one sync source (Octatrack) that he sends to me but sometimes my BassBot TT-303 will not switch patterns at the right time and get out of sync. Being able to stop then resume clock on the output going to only the 303 and not the other outputs is what I’m looking for.