Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doubled notes through NDLR
Question 
I have the NDLR and MRCC. I'm trying to sequence a synth (Polybrute) with the Octatrack and kept getting doubled notes. I finally figured out it was coming from NDLR. The OT is routed to all inputs (except its own) and so is the NDLR (plugged into USB). I read somewhere on the forums that the NDLR passes MIDI thru over USB? Is this what's happening? Strangely, I don't hear doubled notes on other synths so not sure what's going on. Please let me know what more I can provide to help troubleshoot!
Hi, let's see if we can sort this out together.
You say Octatrack is routed to all inputs except it's own. Do you mean outputs?
Can you give me a portwise description of the routings at play? in a format like this:
Port 1 IN: Octatrack -> out to
port 1 OUT Polybrute
USB port A OUT port
etc.
Port 2 IN: whatever

NDLR does pass MIDI info to its outputs, but it does so according to some set rules which allow you to choose whether or not you want to use that feature without having to make any menu selections. This info can be found on page 33 of the manual here:
https://conductivelabs.com/wp-content/up...l-v1.9.pdf
but basically NDLR DIN Port A IN is connected with DIN A OUT and USB 1, and
DIN B is connected with USB 2, so if I want to send MIDI to the NDLR but not have that passed THRU Then I would only route MIDI from the NDLR ports 3 or 4. There's really no reason to use more than 1 NDLR virtual port (that I can think of) so you're not likely to need more than that 1.
The only Port for USB MIDI going to the NDLR is port 1, since there is only 1 USB out on each USB host port, so anything passed to it will come back out port 1 OUT. If we only route from 3 OUT then those notes will be blocked. Same with 4 OUT.
Ah I read the manual when I first got it and forgot about the midi thru rules on NDLR. Thank you for pointing me there! Looks like sending the out through USB Bus 4 of the NDLR solved my problems! Thank you!