Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
MRCC USB Host update
(07-07-2022, 11:55 AM)Darryl Wrote: I believe the latest OXI beta firmware update fixes this issue. I had OXI sending a sequence and being clocked by NDLR via MRCC.
I tested with Beta 2.2b1, and did a quick test with 2.4b3 and still no problems. There are newer versions I haven't tried.
https://oxiinstruments.com/forum/t/announcements

Thanks so much for posting this... I updated my OXI to 2.5 beta 4 and I'm able to make routings that would have previously hung the MRCC. I'd held off updating the OXI till 2.5 is out of beta but this is plenty enough reason. Thank you again.
This is great news, this means where I now need 3 cables on the Oxi split, I can now use 1 cable via USB with 2 lanes Smile

Update: can confirm this works, can anyone say if the MRCC delivers enough juice to top up the battery, even if very slowly? are there any USB C splitters so I can charge as well?
(09-13-2022, 12:09 PM)Raphie Wrote: This is great news, this means where I now need 3 cables on the Oxi split, I can now use 1 cable via USB with 2 lanes Smile

Update: can confirm this works, can anyone say if the MRCC delivers enough juice to top up the battery, even if very slowly? are there any USB C splitters so I can charge as well?

MRCC can provide USB 2.0 spec power. That is, 500mA per port. You will have to check with OXI what their minimum power requirement is for charging, but when I tested it the OXI never went dead and I never charged the OXI elsewhere.
After a couple of days I can confirm. It stays loaded. What a neat combo! The 2 usb lanes work perfectly, enabling me to adress up to 32 discrete midi channels, between 2 MRCC’s. Really really happy now. Smile