Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with a Juno DS
I've got a Roland Juno DS-88 that sounds great for some things, like pipe organs and grand pianos. I have it set to midi channel 8, but it responds to every channel input.
After much back-and-forth with Roland, they came up with a way to filter everything else but channel 8 out, but it's an extremely large amount of work on an interface I don't enjoy using.
Is there a way for the MRCC to only send midi signals on channel 8 to this  keyboard? To block out everything but channel 8? I'm trying to read the manual for the MRCC but I don't really see a way to do this.
Anyone got any ideas?
(10-22-2022, 06:40 PM)Mick_D Wrote: I've got a Roland Juno DS-88 that sounds great for some things, like pipe organs and grand pianos. I have it set to midi channel 8, but it responds to every channel input.
After much back-and-forth with Roland, they came up with a way to filter everything else but channel 8 out, but it's an extremely large amount of work on an interface I don't enjoy using.
Is there a way for the MRCC to only send midi signals on channel 8 to this  keyboard? To block out everything but channel 8? I'm trying to read the manual for the MRCC but I don't really see a way to do this.
Anyone got any ideas?

In theory you would use the Channel Map option.

Set Exclusive to "Y",
map In: 8 to Out: 8 and set the other 3 inbound channels to "none" (according to the manual).

However, as of the most current release, "none" is not implemented yet.

Best you can do for now is set In 1: to 8, and In 2,3,4 to another channel like 16 and then use Roland's procedures to block channel 16
OK, thanks, I'll try that.
Or you can use 2 chan maps in a row (both set to exclusive). Set #1 to chans 1,2,3, 8 with traffic going to the same channels, then in #2 have chans 8,9,10,11. Now 1, 2, & 3 will dead end after the 1st CH Map, and the only one to be allowed into #2 is ch 8, so 9,10 & 11 will not pass data either.
That's a good idea
(10-23-2022, 09:59 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Or you can use 2 chan maps in a row (both set to exclusive). Set #1 to chans 1,2,3, 8 with traffic going to the same channels, then in #2 have chans 8,9,10,11. Now 1, 2, & 3 will dead end after the 1st CH Map, and the only one to be allowed into #2 is ch 8, so 9,10 & 11 will not pass data either.

Ooh, that's sneaaaakyWink