Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is FW Support for the NDLR dead?
Just wondering? It's been quiet and we were promised some amazing features.

I love my NDLR but I know it is capable of so much more. And I know you guys must think the same.
Yes I'd also like to know this as someone who has purchased one recently (used).
Thanks for the interest, the NDLR does do some pretty amazing things, that's for sure, but I don't think I quite know what promises you're referring to here Evictor, can you clue me in? The situation with the NDLR is basically this: There is room in the UI for a couple more things, sure, but unfortunately there's no more room in the memory, so we can't add much in the way of new functionality. I did hear that Steve was poking around at something recently though so I'll see how that's going and we may have a little morsel for you at some point soon.
It would be nice to get those Shift-Menu options that say "under construction..." to say something different Wink Just for my OCD's sake.
Just fixing some of the bugs would be fine.

BR cee-
Personally I'd be more than happy wit bugfixes and feature polishing. The device is currently sitting unplugged and waiting either to be sold or revived by firmware fixes. I'm certainly hoping for latter.
If it was indeed abandoned, then that would be ahellashame.

If that were the case, then perhaps Conductive Labs would consider open-sourcing their firmware so the owner community can carry on with it...
We've not abandoned anything. Steve just put little graphics on those menu pages because he thought it was cute. There are not actually missing functions where those pages go. Steve still occasionally adds functionality and fixes bugs where we can find them. I thinks it's been less than a year since we updated the timing of the CC message monitoring which fixed a ton of the issues we were seeing.

As far as I know, we're not planning to open source the FW for the NDLR, so I wouldn't make any plans around that, but I imagine Steve will be taking a look at the NDLR code over the coming months as we start getting closer to having more devices hitting the shelves. I know he's got a cool addition that I want to see get added, maybe that will be filling one of those "Under construction" pages soon.
(09-19-2022, 04:40 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Thanks for the interest, the NDLR does do some pretty amazing things, that's for sure, but I don't think I quite know what promises you're referring to here Evictor, can you clue me in? The situation with the NDLR is basically this: There is room in the UI for a couple more things, sure, but unfortunately there's no more room in the memory, so we can't add much in the way of new functionality. I did hear that Steve was poking around at something recently though so I'll see how that's going and we may have a little morsel for you at some point soon.

I’ve never opened mine, but if tensy is on its own PCB why not swap the module for one with more memory? Also, the NDLR it’s been around for many years that could justify to swap the  tensy with more memory and rise the price a bit. …