Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More dependable connection to mac audio midi setup?
this is driving me crazy at the moment because it adds another level of complexity to the troubleshooting that I inevitably get into with 2 MRCCs, and now also using Kyma sending receiving midi through the computer connection.

But this is the immediate issue. One of the MRCCs will crash, or I will need to reboot it for some other reason (to recognize one of the synths that needs to be turned on FIRST.

Then things stop working. Inevitably (and i guess my brain isn't hard wired yet to look for this automatically, but, you know i don't want to have to look for this every time i have to power cycle the mrcc).

what happens is that the original instance in the audio midi set up is replaced with a new one, and ALL connections in software that I have made to that instance are not invalid. They all need to be replaced.  In addition there is another display issue where they all tend to come up with the same description - in some software you can drill down and then see which is which (if you named them individually in audio midi setup) but otherwise, there are just 2 which have the exact same name, and it's kind of a guessing game.

this is really becoming a problem.
I know this is an issue that we've been looking into finding a solution for, however I don't think we're there yet, and I wouldn't be able to suggest any kind of timeline, unfortunately. When I do have a prospective solution I will DM you and see if you can test it out for me. I'd be curious to see if disconnecting the USB connection when power cycling would have any effect on the outcome, if you feel like trying that out the next time this occurs, let me know the results.
the difficulty is that, in testing briefly now, it doesn't look like simply power cycling the mrcc is enough to screw up the audio midi setup - meaning that i'm not sure what has repeatedly triggered that.

it could be the combination of that with something else that is 'on' when i have everything going - but i'm just not sure. i generally discover this when various other connections that i've set up stop working, because the connection in, for example, ableton live, is no longer valid.