Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 x MRCC Configuration Question
Hello,

I have a question regarding if it is possible to route hardware synth midi (via 5pin) to the PC/DAW from a 2nd MRCC (as follower) over to a 1st MRCC (as leader connected directly to the PC)? Both MRCCs are connected bi-directionally via the ethernet. I have prepared a quick diagram to explain such a scenario. I would rather not have to plug the 2nd MRCC into the PC if I don't have too.

Cheers,
Dan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey Dan,
I don't actually know whether this will work or not, but I'll look into it and find out for you. Be back with an answer probably tomorrow.
Jesse
Answer is -- yes it works.
Couple Tricks --
Routing Synth out through MRCCs -
hold down the 'Y' button on Secondary MRCC.
Select Port 4 (input), press AND HOLD PC out button (LED should be yellowish) -- ALSO press another output port (1-12). This will be the port the DAW sees.
Release 'Y' button. No output LEDs should be on.
Hold Y button again - PC Out LED should be on.

You should be able to play the synth and the DAW should see the data.

Return path:
On the Primary MRCC Select PC in port, - make sure to choose the same port number (1-12) that the DAW is transmitting on
Press and hold the Y button, select output port 10.
Play the DAW recording and the synth should see it.
One thing that really helped was - on the computer, start up MIDI Monitor/MIDI-Ox and have it monitor all 12 input ports.  Make sure nothing else is sending to the MRCC and it'll help you get the synth->computer path worked out
Oh good, I had asked the dudes, but hadn't heard back yet. I just moved and my studio is still a ways from put back together, good looking out OGG.
Jesse
(08-10-2022, 11:51 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Oh good, I had asked the dudes, but hadn't heard back yet. I just moved and my studio is still a ways from put back together, good looking out OGG.
Jesse

No problem.  I had time and was curious myself.
The big thing to remember even with the "Y" routing is that whenever you target a PC port (in or out) or a 4x1 (input) port you *have* to select the actual port number as well as the meta-PC port selection.
Chaps,

Thank you for the speedy replies! Will try this out this week and let you know if I can get it to work.

Cheers!
Dan
(08-13-2022, 07:09 AM)nexgenmusic Wrote: It works! Thank you!!!!

Dan

Excellent.   Thanks for reporting back. 
Glad we could help.