Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delete all routes
In the past month+, all of my issues (and the vast majority of the issues I've helped with) really came down to misconfiguration.

I've been burned by a route I had set up from PC port 5 to DIN output 7 (for example).  You cannot see all the routes unless you purposefully step through each and every input.

I'd love a menu option in the last config menus that had two check boxes - delete all filtering and delete all routes.  You could double guard it -- Press shift+black Enter,  "Are you sure?" press shift+black enter.

This would only clear out what's in memory; not delete port names, filter/mod configs that are defined but not used.
Basically set it to a blank slate for troubleshooting.  If a user wanted to save that config for a blank starting preset, they could do that.

In all likelihood, this would really help with the user satisfaction and cut down on trouble calls because if you can start clean, you should hear/see nothing and then build it up one piece at a time to narrow down the problem.
This is a grade A brilliant suggestion. I will see if I can get Steve onboard with the idea.
In the mean time you may wish to set one of the first 3 user save slots to be the blank slate you are talking about. That was the reason Steve has 3 that don't follow the numbering convention, they're meant to be user "Templates" so you can have a blank slate for say, live performance, studio, and travel setups and then load a blank one really quick, then once you have it somewhere you like it, you would save it to one of the numbered bank/slots.
If nothing else, it might help you help users quicker when doing video calls - delete all routes, now connect imput 1 to outputs 2,3,4, etc