Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flat Panels
This is actually a hardware feature request. My MRCC is sitting on a guitar pedalboard, sending MIDI to the hardware sequencer and MIDI-controllable effects pedals I have on the board (as well as other keyboards and synths). The stock endplates on the MRCC were designed to angle the MRCC when sitting on a desk, but unfortunately give a pretty minimal amount of contact with the velcro on my pedalboard. I removed them and put on the rack ears instead, which allows the MRCC to rest flatly on the pedalboard, but also means there's about 3" of wasted space as the rack ears jut out farther than the MRCC does.

I would gladly pay for endplates that aren't rack ears but also sit flat. That is, two pieces of metal with screw and other holes in the right place to fit correctly against the MRCC body.
Oh, that sounds pretty sweet actually. I doubt that we're going to be having anything like that made but if we do I'll let you know here. In the mean time you may be able to 3d print a set of plastic end cheeks that sit flush with the edges of the case instead of propping it up at an angle. I'll ask Steve if he can mock one up and if it works I could even have some plastic ones made in china. This is starting to sound kind of fun. I'll let you know if it works.