Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac sends clock but no notes or cc
Hi there,

I got an issue with my new MRCC. It is an amazing device and I can correctly route all the USB IN to all the DIN OUT but the PC port behaves inconsistently.

I can send the master keyb on the USB A to the PC01 and record the notes in the DAW (I tried this with both Logic and Live with the same results), but then the notes recorded are not sent back to the synths despite the PC sending to all the DIN OUTS. It sends the clock and all the machines get the start and stop and bpm correctly, but notes and cc are not sent out and synths do not play anything.

You get that it's a very cool machine but pretty useless if I can't playback the midi recorded =)

Anyone with the same problem? Is there a fix to this or it's a new bug?

Running FW 1.1.052 and directly connected to the computer's USB port. I also turn on the MRCC before powering the computer otherwise in the Midi Audio Config I get a new MRCC and the one setup is greyed out. Maybe it's tied to the problem above?

Please let me know if you need more details. I tried to attach a pic of the setup but didn't work.

Thanks guys!

Cheers,
m.
Hey guys no one has an answer? Is there a fix or do I have to claim this MRCC broken and ask for substitution or a refund? It’s brand new but completely useless in this condition.
Anyone willing to help me? Where’s the CL’s customer support? Please let me know, I got works to bring on and this issue is causing slow downs and delays in the studio. Looking forward to hear from you sooner rather than later sure to find a fix for this otherwise definitive midi machine.
Thanks,
m.
(07-28-2022, 03:18 AM)0xM4r Wrote: Hey guys no one has an answer? Is there a fix or do I have to claim this MRCC broken and ask for substitution or a refund? It’s brand new but completely useless in this condition.
Anyone willing to help me? Where’s the CL’s customer support? Please let me know, I got works to bring on and this issue is causing slow downs and delays in the studio. Looking forward to hear from you sooner rather than later sure to find a fix for this otherwise definitive midi machine.
Thanks,
m.

It's not a known or new bug.  My DAW  records and sends note out successfully.
Do you have the PC out port correctly routed to the synths?
I feel you might given that they see clock.
What about a filter on the ports?  Did you try setting up any filters on the MRCC?

Note - unless the OS is corrupt, the MRCC is not broken.  A MIDI clock message is no different than a note message down at the bits and bytes level.
So if the synths receive clock/start/stop then note messages will pass through as well.
In all likelihood, it's a configuration issue somewhere - either on the PC on on the MRCC.
Hi Oldgearguy,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, the PC port is routed to the right DINs (2-10). Also there are no filters on, I never set one because I don't need them right now. I'll add some on the DIN OUT 1 later but only after the setup is working properly.

I can also tell you that I tried two different computers and two different daws with always the same results: clock, start, stop, bpm is sent but notes and ccs nope. That's why I'm here asking for help, it's weird and I can't understand why my MRCC is doing so!

Any solution or maybe anything I'm maybe missing and must be checked up properly? I'm scratching my head but can't really see the solution, I'm going crazy!

Hope to find support and fix this problem soon, if anyone know something please txt me!
Thanks.

Bye,
m.

PS: I can shot a video of the problem if then I can upload it here, just let me know in the case =)
Hi again guys,

I shot a quick video of the issue with my phone. Sorry for my English, I'm from Italy (and yes, in the middle it's me talking to my colleague to hold the phone on the MRCC LCD, too lazy to edit sorry=)).

You can download it from here: https://we.tl/t-8eeZx35rEQ it is a wetransfer link that expires on 5 August, 2022.

Please let me know if you see something wrong, I really can't understand what's going on here!
Thanks.

Cheers,
m.
Question - If you bring up the Routing screen on the MRCC (page 25 of the manual) and show one of the PC -> Synth routes, do you see the symbols change as MIDI notes and CCs are sent?

Is there any way you can put the video up somewhere else? There's so many ads and links and other crap on WeTransfer.

In the morning I will make a quick test using Mac + DAW + MRCC + a synth.
If I go to the routing screen I see symbols only on start/stop and the timecode but no notes or ccs, I show this in the video linked above as well.
WeTransfer is very easy and fast just click download and you get the file but let me know a platform of your preference and I can try to upload the video there.
Please let me know if you find something from your test.
Thank you.
(07-30-2022, 02:43 AM)0xM4r Wrote: If I go to the routing screen I see symbols only on start/stop and the timecode but no notes or ccs, I show this in the video linked above as well.
WeTransfer is very easy and fast just click download and you get the file but let me know a platform of your preference and I can try to upload the video there.
Please let me know if you find something from your test.
Thank you.

That means the note on/off messages are not going through that route.
When I have a keyboard as source and synth as destination and show the routing page, I see the "O" for note on, "X" for note off, "CC 1" for mod wheel, and "Pb" for pitch bender.

If you are never seeing the "O" and "X", then notes are not getting to the MRCC.  If the MRCC was having problems sending them, you would see the "O" and "X" on the display but the synth would never play them.

The problem has to be in the way the computer is sending information out to the MRCC.
Okay but up to now I tried 4 different computers and 2 daws, how's possible that no one sends data properly? It is more plausible that the mrcc has a problem recognizing that data rather than 4 machines and 2 daws with problems sending out notes... am I wrong?
If it is the case that data is sent wrong from Logic, what settings must be tweaked? I see no errors in Logic and I never had a problem, also if I rec the midi part from the master keyboard it does playback from a software instrument in Logic but not by my real synths, so notes are recorded in Logic and are played back internally but if I route them to an mrcc din port they don't work... and I can't see the reason why since clock and start/stop works!
I would love to invite you to check the issue in real life but I think we are quite far away from each other =)
Btw if you need more videos let me know, I can shot them as soon as I am in the studio.
Thanks.
(07-30-2022, 05:20 AM)0xM4r Wrote: Okay but up to now I tried 4 different computers and 2 daws, how's possible that no one sends data properly? It is more plausible that the mrcc has a problem recognizing that data rather than 4 machines and 2 daws with problems sending out notes... am I wrong?
If it is the case that data is sent wrong from Logic, what settings must be tweaked? I see no errors in Logic and I never had a problem, also if I rec the midi part from the master keyboard it does playback from a software instrument in Logic but not by my real synths, so notes are recorded in Logic and are played back internally but if I route them to an mrcc din port they don't work... and I can't see the reason why since clock and start/stop works!
I would love to invite you to check the issue in real life but I think we are quite far away from each other =)
Btw if you need more videos let me know, I can shot them as soon as I am in the studio.
Thanks.

I'm just a regular user with a fairly large setup.
Maybe Jesse here can set up a video call with you and go through it in realtime.