Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keystep pro notes not changing NDLR chords?
Newbie here.
I have a Keystep Pro connected to the NDLR.
NDLR Cntl and KB Trans are set to channel 13. Keystep is also set to 13.
Starting play on the Keystep causes the NDLR to run in the current chord. Any notes in the Keystep pattern or notes from the keyboard cause no change in the NDLR. Am I missing a step?
You'll want to have the KV Transpose and NDLR Ctrl channels set to different channels.

NDLR Ctrl will select the Chord degree on white keys, (and depending how it's set it will select the chord type with the black keys).

KB Transpose is essentially a keyboard quantizer, it plays the white keys in whatever Key and Scale you're playing in, so that C on the keyboard is the 1 degree (tonic) you can see the issue if you try to use both on the same channel it can't do either thing. The default setting is one on 15 and one on 16, give that a shot and let me know if you run into the same issue.
(04-11-2023, 08:00 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: You'll want to have the KV Transpose and NDLR Ctrl channels set to different channels.

NDLR Ctrl will select the Chord degree on white keys, (and depending how it's set it will select the chord type with the black keys).

KB Transpose is essentially a keyboard quantizer, it plays the white keys in whatever Key and Scale you're playing in, so that C on the keyboard is the 1 degree (tonic) you can see the issue if you try to use both on the same channel it can't do either thing. The default setting is one on 15 and one on 16, give that a shot and let me know if you run into the same issue.

Doh! Thank you very much. That makes perfect sense.