Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another limit? Routes are maxed out at 43!
Hi ConductiveLabs,

I seem to have run out of routes! ( = IN (green) to OUT (blue) connections)
I did count my current routes and it seems that it is maxed out at 43?
After that, no more can be made?

Now I have to 'disconnect' another route before being able to 'connect' the one I want to make. This is not what I expected from a modern MIDI Router Control Center.

I do understand that everything has a limit, but it seems I have assumed that I could (on the MRCC) make a route from any IN to any OUT.

Unexpected and not documented anywhere as far as I know.

What say you?

Best,
Joris

PS I stumble across these MRCC limitations again and again (this routing limit, the unsupported SysEx on certain ports and the asymmetric USB IN-OUT ports) and a start to get annoyed with these a little. Wished the where communicated more clearly ahead of time.
Why would you need 43 routes on a 6 in /14 out interface? the routes are per port / not per discrete midi channel (16 per port)
(11-20-2021, 12:21 PM)Raphie Wrote: Why would you need 43 routes on a 6 in /14 out interface? the routes are per port / not per discrete midi channel (16 per port)

Hello Raphie, 

I don't understand your response.

You question my reasons to have 43+ "routes" (green-blue combo's as I explained)? 
Well, routing ports is the purpose of the MRCC, I'd say.

I never mentioned "channels" (intentionally), as the MRCC is a port router with very limited channel filtering (sadly). I'm very aware of that.

The MRCC has more than 6 in / 14 out (as you suggest), it's more like 34 in (6 DIN +16 USB A +12 USB B) /  28 out (12 DIN + 4 USB A + 12 USB B)
I have my MRCC ports filled (maxed out). I need more than 43 from-to routes, yes I do.

Still, I do not understand your response: I discover a limit and you question my reasons and assume I'm talking about channels.

I'd love to hear from Conductive Labs on this matter.

Best,
Joris
Joris, I believe the maximum number of routings possible is currently 50, can you let me know which firmware version you are using?
Jesse
(11-28-2021, 10:44 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Joris, I believe the maximum number of routings possible is currently 50, can you let me know which firmware version you are using?
Jesse

Hi Jesse,

Thanks you for responding.

I've got FW v1.1.035 running here.
Is there any chance this number (50) can be raised? 

Best,
Joris
At this point there is a unknown issue preventing more routings than that from behaving properly, but if Steve can uncover what the issue is I expect we will expand that in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience in the mean time.
Jesse
(11-29-2021, 10:34 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: At this point there is a unknown issue preventing more routings than that from behaving properly, but if Steve can uncover what the issue is I expect we will expand that in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience in the mean time.
Jesse

Thanks Jesse.

Is Steve actually working on this unknown issue? Is there a release planned in the near future?

Best,
Joris
It's one of many things that are in a list of things to fix, however I don't think it's "under the microscope" currently. I would not plan anything around that changing, but rather be excited to hear about it if the day comes that it's been included in a future fw update.
Jesse
I'm also finding that I'm maxed out on routes! +1 one for adding more routes.