Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting Bluebox USB host port to MRCC "PC" USB port?
Question 
I'm considering buying an MRCC for the following scenario, but I'm not sure if it will work:

In my current setup I have a Novation Launch Control XL mk II (LCXL) connected via USB cable to the USB host port of the 1010music Bluebox (BB), which allows me to adjust settings on the BB using the LCXL.

I would like to use the LCXL to also control other hardware (on different MIDI channels) at the same time however (e.g. using LCXL's user templates), but the Bluebox seems to be unable to forward the LCXL's MIDI messages to other gear via BB's MIDI OUT port. I figured this is where the MRCC would be able to help.

Would it be possible to:

1. connect the LCXL to the MRCC on a USB host port
2. connect the Bluebox's USB host port to MRCC's "PC" USB port
3. make a routing between the LCXL, the Bluebox, and other MIDI gear attached to the MRCC?

I'm pretty confident that step 1 will be OK, as the MRCC compatibility shows the LCXL to work properly. I have my doubts about step 2 however; would it be possible to connect the Bluebox's USB host port to the MRCC's "PC" USB port (and make the routing mentioned in step 3)?

Thanks in advance for your help/insights.
I suspect you're right about step 2, the PC port on the MRCC is configured for computer connectivity. Someone from CL would be able to say for sure.

Can you use the standard MIDI ports on the Bluebox to connect to the MRCC instead? Then you can just route the controller to it as well as other devices. Presumably the other USB port on the 1010 marked power is limited to that function.
(06-03-2022, 06:53 PM)Dark Waves Wrote: Can you use the standard MIDI ports on the Bluebox to connect to the MRCC instead?  Then you can just route the controller to it as well as other devices.

I checked the Bluebox manual for any possible limitations to this suggestion, but found none. I guess you are right then, that would probably work. Good thinking!

;-)
Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
You no need to connect BB via PC port. I use TRS out from MRCC to BB via simple jack-jack (audio) cable. This is enough to forward midi messages to BB.
Thanks for the confirmation on this User, I had a 1010 device a year or so ago, but never tried to connect via the PC port before it left my studio.