Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Clock Improvement request
Hi,

Just purchased the MRCC and loving it already. I'd like to use it also as midi master clock and mis a few things:
  • Ability to increment decrement clock rate over midi  (+1 ; -1 bpm)  (current implementation is setting absolute value by steps of 2 BPM). This way I could for instance on my launchpad program 2 buttons to increment decrement clock rate BPM. 
  • Ability to shift clock per channel (like on the e-rm multiclock) to ensure beat perfect groove for all clocked devices and compensate for any shifts
  • Ability to shuffle clock per channel (again like on the e-rm multiclock)
That would be a life saver.

ref: multiclock – professional sync box - E-RM

Thanks for the already fantastic product!

Luc.
It's not a clocking device, it does not have the hardware to support those needs, for clock mangling you need to inject a multiclock or like.
This is a request we've discussed before. It would be great to have those features, but MRCC is not architected to do it. That is, you really need a dedicated MCU to handle the clocking when varying the clock for different devices. The magic of Multi-clock is the audio based clock and plugin which takes MIDI and USB out of the loop for synchronization and accuracy. MRCC doesn't have a CV input.

I'm not sure what you mean by: "current implementation is setting absolute value by steps of 2 BPM".
I think he's saying when you turn the tempo up it moves in units of 2 BPM per jump.
(05-27-2022, 02:40 PM)Darryl Wrote: This is a request we've discussed before. It would be great to have those features, but MRCC is not architected to do it. That is, you really need a dedicated MCU to handle the clocking when varying the clock for different devices. The magic of Multi-clock is the audio based clock and plugin which takes MIDI and USB out of the loop for synchronization and accuracy. MRCC doesn't have a CV input.

I'm not sure what you mean by: "current implementation is setting absolute value by steps of 2 BPM".

Hi Darryl.
Txs for the answer. I finally went for an external clock from ERM. 
I still have an issue though with the ARP function. Although clock is well received from ERM, ARP beat  is often not in sync and when attempting to resync from ERM clock it does not help. All my ARP equipped synths do work well and respond well to resync.
It's a pity because I like the implementation of the arp very much with nice ways to alter ARP in a musical way. But if arp does not kick in on the the beat it is all useless.
Can you help with this?
Txs
(08-16-2022, 03:08 AM)luke101 Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 02:40 PM)Darryl Wrote: This is a request we've discussed before. It would be great to have those features, but MRCC is not architected to do it. That is, you really need a dedicated MCU to handle the clocking when varying the clock for different devices. The magic of Multi-clock is the audio based clock and plugin which takes MIDI and USB out of the loop for synchronization and accuracy. MRCC doesn't have a CV input.

Hi Darryl.
Txs for the answer. I finally went for an external clock from ERM. 
I still have an issue though with the ARP function. Although clock is well received from ERM, ARP beat  is often not in sync and when attempting to resync from ERM clock it does not help. All my ARP equipped synths do work well and respond well to resync.
It's a pity because I like the implementation of the arp very much with nice ways to alter ARP in a musical way. But if arp does not kick in on the the beat it is all useless.
Can you help with this?
Txs

One issue I've had with the MRCC ARP and analog clock pulse is that they do not start/sync immediately.  There seems to be some delay (maybe at the next bar or next quarter note), but depending on when you hit pause/play/etc, you can get it out of sync easily.  Easy test - have the ARP receiving clock.  Make sure you have the source port, source channel, and division set correctly.  Press Play.  Then randomly hit pause/play, especially in between beats.  It tends to drop out of sync when you do that.

I have other clock devices (including an E-RM) and sequencers and arpeggiators so I do not use the clock/arp/pulse sections of the MRCC.
We're currently working through a list of MRCC issues, so I will make sure this is on the list of things to take a look at. Thanks for the help tracking down the issue.